Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:53 am 

Okay! So here is the deal.

And i feel stupid for sharing this, but i guess when you`re a part of something like a forum you have share the stupid, so when the next idiot comes along he can learn something.

The major air-leak proved to be the throttlecable up at the throttle, it had jumped out and was pulling at the wires. it was late and i didnt even think to check up there. Even tho i was telling myself all along that the slides were way too high.

The other problem was a cracked float, i had been shaking them at random and thought i had been shaken all of them but today the nicest one was full of gas on one side, and had a hairline crack in it. So i opened the crack some more to get the gas out and soldered it shut and now i have idle again!

So guess todays lesson was do things systematicly, get ALL new parts, and check all ends.

Glad to have the bike ready for the annual spring meeting for the Norwegian Triples Club coming up.

now to get some more jets and floats, think im gonna put the stock airbox on the shelf and go with the UNI filters since i have a 72 and later rubber and 69-71 box.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:27 am 

Sverre wrote:
Okay! So here is the deal.

The other problem was a cracked float, i had been shaking them at random and thought i had been shaken all of them but today the nicest one was full of gas on one side, and had a hairline crack in it. So i opened the crack some more to get the gas out and soldered it shut and now i have idle again!

I have soldered a few and though it would be a pain, you need to check the soldered one periodically because they are notoriously hard to solder. The only way I could get it to work was to open a small hole in the center of the float, solder the problem area and quickly solder the hole in the center shut.

Nice looking bike, the H1As are the best looking of all the triples!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:50 am 

Good news, Sverre. Glad you solved it. See you soon.