Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm 

Hey all, just wondering if anyone can give me confirmation on what a '75 S3 side stand is supposed to look like? And what its dimensions are?
In my previous post I mentioned that I purchased what is supposed to be a '75 S3 side stand. I am prepping to install it this weekend and I noticed that the side stand I have is somewhat different than the photo of the one I purchased.
Here is a sample of what the photo of the one I purchased looks like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-KAWASAKI-s ... 43aae13776

The one that I have is slightly different. The tong that sticks out, so that you can deploy the stand with your foot, is shorter and in a different location on the one that I received.
I will try to include a photo later.
But as you can see from the photo of this one on ebay, the tong is supposed to come out from the bottom near the foot of the stand.
Funny enough, this one is listed for sale by the same person I bought the other one from. (mistermonkeyclaw)
http://stores.ebay.com/mistercsmotorcycles

Anyone here know the seller?

Thank you for any help,
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 pm 

Oh by the way, as for photo, I found a side stand that looks just like the one I got.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KZ-KZ4 ... r&x=34&y=6

It appears I got side stand for a
Kawasaki KZ KZ400 KZ400D Twin 400 Used Kick Side Stand 1975 rather than an S3 KH400.

Hmmm?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 pm 

About 50% of what Mr. Monkeyballs sells on eBay is either wrongly described, or wrongly photographed or wrongly shipped. Send him an email telling him he screwed up, and the S3 stand you want is the one he has listed in your original post..tell him it's not worth your while to send the wrong one back. He will likely just send you the other one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:44 pm 

Is it just me Ian, or do I detect a welded on extension on the foot nub?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:13 pm 

O.K, That looks like a triple s/stand. The foot tangs often break off or get repositioned for pipes, whatever. Triple stands come in a couple of different lengths. I have a couple here, centre of bolt hole to middle of foot -21cm and 23cm. Due to spreading of the bolt flanges, easy fix, and bolt/hole wear, a longer stand works better, (at least for H2's). A lot of guys just weld in an extension, or weld a longer one out of two stands. Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 pm 

Yeah, I dont have any welding skills or even access to a welder right now. I thought about having a shop do it for me, but couldnt figure out how to get them the stand, without giving them the bike too. The bike doesnt stand up much on its own yet. Still training it. :D

I was hoping to get the dimensions (length) of a true S3 side stand so I could compare with the KZ400 side stand I have. It looks like it might be a bit longer than the stock H2 side stand. But I dont know whether it is longer or shorter than the S3 side stand.

I emailed mistermonkeyclaw and he said he will send the correct one out tomorrow.

Thanks