Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 15 plate clutch
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 pm 

Hello,

I've been running the 15 plate clutch kit-I got the washer from Redline, and I thought I've had it installed it correctly for the last few months. But I just took it apart to install new friction plates and now I'm spacing out-page 27 of my Kawasaki manual states "7 friction and 8 steel" plates. The picture on page 27 shows 6 steel plates, and I guess on the manual they count the last spring plate as a steel plate, the 7th one.
My Redline kit was 7 steel plates(then the last spring plat makes 8)and I'm using 8 friction plates. The short one going under the steel band, like it's supposed to, and the last regular sized friction plate obviously after the steel band. I think everything is right-

So is my setup correct?

Thanks
John

Post subject: Re: 15 plate clutch
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:42 am 

jbabl wrote:
Hello,

I've been running the 15 plate clutch kit-I got the washer from Redline, and I thought I've had it installed it correctly for the last few months. But I just took it apart to install new friction plates and now I'm spacing out-page 27 of my Kawasaki manual states "7 friction and 8 steel" plates. The picture on page 27 shows 6 steel plates, and I guess on the manual they count the last spring plate as a steel plate, the 7th one.
My Redline kit was 7 steel plates(then the last spring plat makes 8)and I'm using 8 friction plates. The short one going under the steel band, like it's supposed to, and the last regular sized friction plate obviously after the steel band. I think everything is right-

So is my setup correct?

Thanks
John

I just got a full set of brand new steel plates and friction plates for my H1 the count was 15 in total, the spring plate is not counted as a steel plate. The diagram is from the H1 parts manual hope it helps.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

Post subject: Re: 15 plate clutch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:08 pm 

Looks like I've got it right, working well

Best,
JB