Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 am 

Thanks for that - I think we may have found the problem with the centre cylinder performance. Also noticed that there are no banjo washers between the oil line and fitting. Would you know what size these small washers are?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:03 am 
Site Admin

Syd wrote:
Thanks for that - I think we may have found the problem with the centre cylinder performance. Also noticed that there are no banjo washers between the oil line and fitting. Would you know what size these small washers are?

The best washers are the stat o seal type that are a metal covered rubber washer. They are reuseable (unlike the standard aluminum ones and take very little torqu to seal. Be careful with the line pump bolts as it is super easy to strip out the pump and break the bolts.

And after all this, what problem did you find???????

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:04 pm 

Hi there - To clarify, I removed the oil line valve and it seems that the spring was around the wrong way and the ball was in fact able to move inside the spring. Changed this around and she is running much better, however it will need a good ride without thrashing her to burn all of the excess oil if any that may be around over the last few weeks in trying to find the problem.

I also used a small suction pump with a plastic tube down into the crank area, however no real signs of excess oil was found. I am going to check out the left and right hand cylinder check valves as well just to be 100% sure that the springs are around the right way etc.

Banjo Washers - Thanks for your comments. I have some Stat-o-Seals already on order and will fit these, however the banjo washers I was asking about are the really small ones that fit inside the check valve body as shown on the attached photo. The centre check valve did not have one and this will most likely be the same for the Left and right side valves. I cannot seem to find any information on the size of these small washers?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 pm 

No, you need to thrash it to get the oil out:

mraxl wrote:
8000-8500 is what we need.. and not just once or twice but many times.
A Triple will never run right unless it is flogged regularly. A lot of idling while tuning etc is a killer.... immediately run the piss out of it afterward.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 pm 

Do you think the resistance to "thrash/go 8000rpms/many times" is due to wanting to 'break the new motor in"? He does say he applied a baster or some suction device to the crankcase(s), although no real details on that.