Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 pm 

My H1B is all stock and I set my timing to 3-3.2 mm BTDC...Use original needles and jets !! Make sure your needle valves are 2.5 . These can get changed out to different sizes by previous owners..Make sure your float height is correct .
H1's may not have much bottom end BUT shouldn't bog in that RPM range.
Mine did once and it turned out to be a bad tank of gas.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:11 am 

Sverre wrote:
when i had this problem with my H1-B it turned out to be worn out needlejets and needles.

ps. it also ran ALOT better when i set the timing to 25 deg. 20 is a safe setting, 25 is the proper setting.

Thanks for the responses.

Its clear that the bike has been equipped with Keyster carb rebuild kits which so I have learned are not what the 'doctor ordered so-to-speak'. Meanwhile I have been in touch with Mid-Atlantic Cycle Company about their Mikuni/Sudco rebuild kits http://www.ebay.com/itm/170773090730?it ... 23&vxp=mtr.

The bloke I heard back from was unable to confirm the number on the needles as he stated his eyes weren't that good anymore. I was wondering if any other folk on the forum have used these rebuild kits and can confirm that all parts enclosed therein are in fact genuine Mikuni as I was under the impression that the needles and other parts were now discontinued.

I've now backed the timing to 3.46mm (25 deg) BTDC and am waiting for the weather to improve and roads to dry before I give the old girl a shake down.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:14 am 
Site Admin

I don't think the Sudco kits use genuine Mikuni parts either. And you can't get factory needles or needle jets (I believe). John's a great guy, and will help when he can. JOhn can get mikuni jets seperately, that's where I get mine from.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:31 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
I don't think the Sudco kits use genuine Mikuni parts either. And you can't get factory needles or needle jets (I believe). John's a great guy, and will help when he can. JOhn can get mikuni jets seperately, that's where I get mine from.

Now I don't know what to do!!

Here is copy the wording in their listing :-

GENUINE MIKUNI CARB PARTS PACKAGED BY SUDCO! FREE USA FREIGHT---CHEAP OVERSEAS FREIGHT! spend a bit more here, get the best carb kits in the world, and do the job correctly the first time.

Each kit includes the following: choke plunger, plunger spring, needle, needle seat, seat gasket, bowl gasket, stock pilot jet, stock main jet, next size up main jet(next richer), stock main jet needle, needle clip, air screw, o-ring, screw spring.

John does indeed seem a good 'egg' and has contacted me:-

"what i would be happy to do is contact mikuni at noontime monday when they open back up for dealers and see what needle comes with these kits. that's the best i can do on it."

It would seem according to his message to me that the kits do come from Mikuni, I sincerely hope that there might be someone on here to either give it the thumbs up or thumbs down to the kits.

Thanks for your help.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:37 am 
Site Admin

I'm looking.. I did find this so far. And I got Sudco kits for a H2, and the parts weren't right. One problem with the H1's, is they had a few different needles.

http://www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopi ... 2d14aff903

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:46 am 
Site Admin

http://www.sudco.com/CatalogJPG/478.jpg

Here is the description, I like the part in red, "check all parts before installation"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
I'm looking.. I did find this so far. And I got Sudco kits for a H2, and the parts weren't right. One problem with the H1's, is they had a few different needles.

http://www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopi ... 2d14aff903

That is very disappointing I'll have to mail him back and ask him to confirm the #on the needle and other parts with Mikuni

:banghead :thumbdown:

Bugger!! I thought I was on a winner for a moment...............Grrrr!! :(

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 am 
Site Admin

At least you aren't like the guys that post "after" they put in the kits, can't get the bike to run right, and already threw out the stock parts.......... :wtf:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:22 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
At least you aren't like the guys that post "after" they put in the kits, can't get the bike to run right, and already threw out the stock parts.......... :wtf:

The bike came with this set-up!! I bought it sight unseen just before Christmas knowing that it was a non-runner. Intrinsically there has been a lot of dosh thrown at it on bling bits but it has never been run I believe since it was rebuilt.

I have inherited all the problems which is a bit frustrating but no big deal. It seems that everything I look at is not right. I just got the oil pump back about an hour ago as even that needed part number 1 oil-way 'helicoiling' which goes in part to explain the air I was getting in the oil line compounded with the check valve issue I found. In all honesty although its a tad frustrating I'm quite enjoying working through the bike.

Weather is abysmal over here and we just had a severe hail shower so @ least I'm getting it sorted now and not during better weather.

Thanx for the reply.

(D'ya reckon mraxl will ever forgive me???)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:01 pm 

when i had this problem, someone tipped me about motocarb. give them a call.

http://www.motocarb.co.uk/

there are also GOOD kits from ivans performance products.

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/h1.htm

and you can also try this fellow on the old forum that have had some needlejets made.

Quote:
can you email me your email address and i will send you some picyures of the jets

boyeswaghorn@xtra.co.nz

regards andrew

rainydaysgreyvegas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next