Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 pm 

http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/php ... 15&t=62757

http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/php ... 15&t=62764

J

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

No, Ade, I'm not saying anything to you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm 

mraxl wrote:
No, Ade, I'm not saying anything to you.

I just want to be clear on this!!

OK then!!

I'll re-time the MF to 3.45 in the morning and see how it runs!! :?: I don't wish to fall out with folk but was only going on what the Triple Resources site quotes!!

Hey!! Its been over 35 years since I messed with these bikes...............Give me a break!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 pm 

ade wrote:
[So you can stick your attitude up your ass mraxl OK :D .

Are you sure your rebuttal to mraxl is founded? Re-read the posts carefully.

In fact, even the member you're irritated with is actually trying to help, although it seems he's a bit frustrated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

Ade, I'd respond to your query in detail but it is hard to do with my attitude wedged up my ass... since that is where I speak.

How my stating "Second, set timing to 23-25 degrees." conveys that I have an "attitude" is beyond me. You have a problem and asked a question that was replied to in a genuine effort to help. I've devoted a lot of time and effort trying to help folks understand and fix Triples, and sometimes I'm wrong, but I'll admit it when I am... this is not one of those cases.

Here we have a newbie to the board with a couple of posts, all asking for help, and then when help is offered, you want to be obstinate and rude to those who are trying to help. I might suggest to you that it is you who has an attitude problem.

I promise to never invade your posts again with my "attitude" and perhaps there are others who will try to help you in the future knowing that they may be the next subject of your wrath.

Good Luck!

Edit: Be aware that if you post anything like that to any other board member, it will be your last post on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

It's easy to get off on the wrong foot, when new to a site. There are "mistakes" or "old" information with manuals and resource material. When "advise" is given on the forum that does not match resource material, it is usually from learned knowledge from actually working on these bikes for decades.

Unfortunately, one of the downsides from being on boards a long time, it does get a bit monotonous answering the same question many times over. And to have to repeat things gets pretty annoying. But we love these old bikes, so we do it over and over, but may get "grumpy" about it at times. (I started out grumpy anyway...... :wtf: ) We don't mind helping, but will not "fight" with someone when trying to help them.

500's don't have a lot of bottom end anyway, and it is easy to reduce it even more with timing. Your lack of power is probably mostly from the retarded timing. Give the 25 degrees a try and let us know what you find.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm 

^ Very well put, Moo, now - why can't we all be friends!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:11 am 

mraxl wrote:
Ade, I'd respond to your query in detail but it is hard to do with my attitude wedged up my ass... since that is where I speak.

How my stating "Second, set timing to 23-25 degrees." conveys that I have an "attitude" is beyond me. You have a problem and asked a question that was replied to in a genuine effort to help. I've devoted a lot of time and effort trying to help folks understand and fix Triples, and sometimes I'm wrong, but I'll admit it when I am... this is not one of those cases.

Here we have a newbie to the board with a couple of posts, all asking for help, and then when help is offered, you want to be obstinate and rude to those who are trying to help. I might suggest to you that it is you who has an attitude problem.

I promise to never invade your posts again with my "attitude" and perhaps there are others who will try to help you in the future knowing that they may be the next subject of your wrath.

Good Luck!

Edit: Be aware that if you post anything like that to any other board member, it will be your last post on this board.

I apologize if you were offended but somehow I got the feeling that you were trying to belittle me with your comment. The fact is all I wanted to do was clarify that the info stated on the chart posted at Triple Resources is in fact a little misleading wouldn't you agree? It clearly states that the timing should be set at 2.23mm BTDC for the H1B which is in fact the identical engine to the late H1A which is what I have

Unfortunately it seems that the bike I have recently purchased although 'looks the part' is in fact made up of a number of questionable parts and was never in fact set up properly since it was built!!

The carbs it seems have been rebuilt with Keyster repair kits, and from what I gather this could prove to be part of my problem! Keyster needles are its seems a POS, the needles I have fitted are Y32.

Its not possible to check the bike out yet as the weather is traditionally Manx for this time of year wet and bleak, so until the roads dry out I'm rather stuffed.

FWIW I do understand about getting grumpy and intolerant, I have been a part of the mvagusta.net forum since 2007 (One of my other playthings is an F4 1000s) I have now racked up over 4000 posts, I too get pissed off reading the same old stupid questions day in day out, but have learned to have patience with the newbies as we all started there at one time.

I did do a search on this forum about my issues and learned a lot, but sometimes its best to get a fresh response as technology changes so fast these days that something new may have happened

Sorry for getting off on a bad note boys.................The beers are on me if you ever come to the Isle of Man :oops:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:40 am 

when i had this problem with my H1-B it turned out to be worn out needlejets and needles.

ps. it also ran ALOT better when i set the timing to 25 deg. 20 is a safe setting, 25 is the proper setting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 pm 

Here is another opinion; I don't know what pipes or aircleaner set up you are using.

In my minimal experience, the better the bike runs on the pipe the worse it runs off.

My H1A was like a 125 MXer when I got it, but with a careful rebuild, a set of Spec II pipes (which did not help the bottom end at all) and then with a aircleaner modification, I now have significant mid range.

Still a little sleepy between 5K and 6K but stong elsewhere.

My H1 came with chrome capped K&N style air cleaners, I finally figured out to loose those and put on a set of UNIs with velocity stacks. Huge difference.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next