Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Brake Bleeding
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:22 pm 

Simple question for you, 350. Does the lever you installed have a small bit of free play when it is in the fully released position, as in hands off the lever?

The reason I asked, if the lever is holding the piston a bit into the master, they bleed port could be either blocked, or piston sitting too far into the bore to allow the rear bleed port to function correctly. I have seen some of the very poor quality after market levers do that, they hold the piston into the bore too much.

I have also seen on some masters that use a rubber bumper, the bumper is gone, so the rebuilder adds a piece of rubber too large, pushing the lever into the piston, piston pushed into bore too far.

Might also take the lever off the master and try the angle bleed, where you lift the lever end of the master higher than the outlet end, and gently pump the piston, without the lever on the master. It might allow the rear bleed port to work, if it isn't now. Should be immediately evident if this was/is the problem.

Post subject: Re: Brake Bleeding
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm 

Thankyou . Finally I got enough pressure in teh MC to close the calipers. I think the problem is the very careful bleeding of the MC. Not as easy as it looks, and required timeing teh openeing and closing of teh bolt with teh opening and closing of the lever. I will work on getting it perfect later, but just happy to get some pressure. Thanks for all the advise and patience...cheers,