Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:13 pm 

i just got all the cables for my73 H1 FROM MID ATLANTIC and they are all motion pro. :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:24 am 

Zambia wrote:
I always read responses to stiff clutch posts that said try re-routing...well it's amazing how much difference even a small angle change can make. My H2 was wicked strong to start with and after 3 slightly different pathways, I found one that cut the pull by half. The new route goes under the tank from the right side.

I have the cable running the path with least resistence. It runs over the headlight bucket through the tree and around under right side of tank. No major bends. Nice and smooth. I would say 6-8 times harder to pull then My Z1 clutche. It's a bear!!
I'll deal with it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:27 am 

Something is definitely wrong then.............!?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:11 pm 

Gregz wrote:
Zambia wrote:
I always read responses to stiff clutch posts that said try re-routing...well it's amazing how much difference even a small angle change can make. My H2 was wicked strong to start with and after 3 slightly different pathways, I found one that cut the pull by half. The new route goes under the tank from the right side.

I have the cable running the path with least resistence. It runs over the headlight bucket through the tree and around under right side of tank. No major bends. Nice and smooth. I would say 6-8 times harder to pull then My Z1 clutche. It's a bear!!
I'll deal with it

How old is the cable? Some cables used to have a plastic liner that would bunch up internally and cause stiffness in the lever. A failing clutch release will cause issues too.

J

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:42 pm 

Some oils can cause the sheath over the inner cable to swell causing friction inside the cable. It doesn't matter how you route it then -it's rooted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 pm 

Nigel72iv wrote:
Some oils can cause the sheath over the inner cable to swell causing friction inside the cable. It doesn't matter how you route it then -it's rooted.

I never - EVER - oil the inside of my cables. At best I might use some dry graphite but that's it if at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 am 

am still have my original clutch cable and my choke cables on my 69 H1 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:12 am 

They are probably "bedded in" by now,J.P............!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:58 am 

BarryB wrote:
Nigel72iv wrote:

I never - EVER - oil the inside of my cables. At best I might use some dry graphite but that's it if at all.

Sometimes oil migrates there even if you dont, flung off the chain. Tri-Flow used to be great but isn't available here anymore RemOil seems to work ok and has PFTE like Tri-Flow did. Graphite's good too.