Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:14 pm 

Hey guys, I've done a little homework and it's time to share. My 750 is kind of a dog. A warm engine comp test yields 140-150 psi across the board with five kicks. Here's some pics.
36 mm carbs if I'm measuring correctly. 250 main, 150 idle, 6dh3 needle set on middle

Port work? Some one has been doing some polishing at a minimum.
Piss poor plug chop, I live in the burbs.
The chambers measure 11.5 " diameter at their largest point.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:16 pm 

Given your experience do you think these carbs are too big for the street? It may be set up for no filters. It came with none. I added the uni pods, perhaps it affected the jetting?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

It might not make a lot of difference, but you need to kick hard until the needle stops going up for a correct compression test. With the throttle WFO.

And to read a plug, you need a 10X magnifier and bright light. Look at where the ceramic meets the metal at the very bottom of the plug. It should be a very light tan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:29 pm 

sawracer wrote:
The chambers measure 11.5 " diameter at their largest point.

Them're some fat chambers! Assuming that's circumference, it's 3.66 diameter, which is pretty close to what Wirges chambers are in the center section, and also Dencos for that matter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:35 pm 

Yes you are right! I'm having a heck of a time with this carb now. May have to quit for now to go fly a plane with my six year old. Kills me to ignore him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Gotta spend time with the kids. And those do look like Werges pipes. you need to take a rod or dowel and run down the baffles, if it doesn't go all the way into the body, you need to knock out the plug, or you might burn up the engine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:53 pm 

I asked you in another thread, but I guess you didn't see it... do you participate in "chainsaw racing"?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:22 pm 

I used to. Haven't been to a competition in at least five years. It is tough living in so cal to get wood to practice with if you don't speak Spanish. One of these days I'll set something up here and see who shows up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:27 pm 

Sorry to hear about the wood situation there. Here, my neighbors with lots of land mark trees they want cut, and I go cut firewood. By the time I get 6 cords or so, I'm very tired of practicing. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:25 pm 

After I built my H2 I was disappointed having ridden my H1 quite at bit. But I did somethings that helped immensely.

Upgraded the ignition, there are components in the ignition that were only meant to last 10 years, 40 years is too long.

Jetted correctly, I have Ivan's kit, it works but it is for stock carbs.

Set the check valves on the oil lines and set the pump correctly.

If your H2 is in good condition and a previous owner hasn't improved it too the point it can't be saved, you ought to be able to at a minimum make it fun to ride and much faster than an RD400. A couple seconds quicker in the 1/4.

The pipes of course make quite a difference in the power and powerband. Pipes like Jim's Dencos or Spec IIs would wake it up. The Spec IIs really move the powerband up the scale.

I hope this helps.