Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:42 pm 

ok ....need some electrical help ....

customer states ...lol .... 1973 Kawasaki H1 500 D

After installing the main wiring harness, and hooking everything up, I have 3 left over loose wires.

The negative battery cable (funny i thought it would be a larger gauge, but no starter ...so. ) Where does this cable ground on the chassis? I found a spot that looks like a chassis ground for the CDI ground lead, and the voltage regulator ground lead, but this one, if installed on the battery doesn't seem to reach.

The CDI ground lead.... found that one out myself, just have to install it.

and then there's this one.... i will provide a link to a pic.... i have no clue where it goes... part #26011-079 made specifically for my 73 ..... could it be for a chassis ground inside the headlight bucket...

https://www.ebay.es/itm/185371485535

Speaking of the headlight bucket....there's 2 holes at the bottom, I'm sure one is a drain but the other one takes a 8 - 1.25 bolt...could that be for the chassis ground inside the headlight bucket.

any help would be great...thanks again
Andrew

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.