Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:35 pm 

Or, just a HEI.
Worx for me.

cliff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:55 pm 

Jim wrote:
Which H1 is it, Coops? If you easily made the CDI units, I suspect it's a late H1, and 0120raptor is almost certainly talking about an early H1.

Yes, it’s the H2 system. Thanks for clarifying that Jim.
I’ve had another look on the resource site and I think my home made ones are working fine.
I’ve checked everything and replaced coils, pissed about with it many many hours.
Been through carbs a couple of times. It’s very frustrating. I suspect it’s the stator even though it checks out resistance wise which as you know isn’t definitive.
It seems to rev out cleanly once then after that it randomly misses in the power band. Plugs are nice.
Suspect stator warming up……..
I kind of just stare at the bike occasionally as I move around the workshop working on my other bikes.
One day I might have another go.
Can get rewind done but have to send old one to Rex in England. Been spending money on other bikes.
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:06 pm 

With an H2 or an H1D, a failed or missing regulator can cause high speed misfiring. You can test that by unplugging the regulator and shorting the two yellow wires of the alternator together. It won't hurt the alternator to leave it that way as long as you like. Some racers do that to reduce alternator drag without removing the charging coils from the stator.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:16 pm 

Jim wrote:
With an H2 or an H1D, a failed or missing regulator can cause high speed misfiring. You can test that by unplugging the regulator and shorting the two yellow wires of the alternator together. It won't hurt the alternator to leave it that way as long as you like. Some racers do that to reduce alternator drag without removing the charging coils from the stator.

H1D Thanks, I’ve replaced the regulator as well. The original one was broken. Improved the problem somewhat. Still misses a little at high revs. Can’t pin it down to a cylinder either. How can I!
But I could try your suggestion for shits and giggles. Easy to do. One day, when I stop just gorking at it.
Thanks again.
Having fun with my TL1000s