Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:36 am 

1- I was just wondering what preference is for putting the engine in? Thing is heavy as it sits without cylinders for install but it looks to be a pain to install the center cylinder if lower end in place. Just curious as to what folks find easiest, cylinders on or off?
2- I had a 24mm ID oring and another that is 22mm ID but really thin in the gasket set. I assume the 24mm went behind the collar on the sprocket shaft as the shaft is about 25mm. No clue where there thinner and smaller one went? Any ideas? I did install a larger one behind the collar on the crankshaft as well. Maybe an extra for something? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 am 

It's not hard to get the center cylinder on after the rest of the engine is in. I do it that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:13 am 

I second Jim, install the cylinders after the crankcase is bolted in the frame.

As for the o-rings, it's been awhile. I remember the sprocket o-ring is very thin and after it's compressed once it's toast - that is, replace the o-ring if you take it apart again. See the attached photo, I think Darth made the correction in the photo to show the proper location of the thin o-ring. It goes in between the bearing and the spacer, indicated by the arrow.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:32 pm 

that's where i have put the Oring. Have not buttoned up yet though. I need to get the sprocket figured out as I am using a 520 setup on this bike. I know there was a detailed write up somewhere on sprocket assembly. I am going to mount motor tomorrow if I am up early enough. To darn hot here nowadays