Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:22 am 

Hi all,

I recognise that the correct fuel tap / petcock is vacuum with three outlets and vacuum take-off. I have the remains of the original for my bike, but unfortunately a previous owner sawed it in half. My question was whether anyone has tried the aftermarket unit per image and whether they had any issues. My vacuum port on the carb is fully blocked-off and was on a different cylinder to that which is damaged. Unless someone knows of a stash of original fuel taps at a sensible price of course...

Cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:16 am 

The only issue would be leaking on assembly, I am going thru the same thing a.t.m, trying to get an original vacuum tap to work. If the 3 outlets are clear, then they flow a whole lot more than a main jet, so flow should not be an issue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:47 am 

Personally, I wouldn’t chance running one of those aftermarket pet cocks on my bike. I’ve heard and read some bad things in more than a few isolated cases. If you can’t find a stocker that has been rebuilt or needs a rebuild, you may want to consider a Pingle unit but they have no reserve feature and you must remember to cut it off when the bike sits so it has some caveats too. It is expensive IF you have to replace all the internals in the stock vacuum unit but AFAIK all the parts are available.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:51 am 
Site Admin

They are junk, don't flow crap.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:03 pm 

Thylacine, that looks very close to what the small triples had, no vacuum, 3 outlets, from the S and small KH series bikes.

Just a note, I ran 35mm round slides on my street H2R engine, with the stock vacuum valve, and had NO fuel volume/flow issues, but anything more serious, like flat slides, bigger bore size carbs, stock valve would be marginal at best in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:03 pm 

My findings on stock petcocks on "fuel" dial, supplies 120HP at .65 BSFC.
On "reserve" 135HP.

This with mod to eliminate auto fuel feature with vacuum actuated valve.

OFF/ON(fuel)/RES only. H1D right side facing.

cliff

waiting for the onslaught

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

It's been tested a few times, the stock petcock will flow everything the motor can use, except full drag racing. I took a single outlet on my stock petcock, opened it to 1/4" and ran 3 38mm carbs off of it, no problems.