Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:34 pm 

Hi Gents,
Hoping I could get some ideas. My 71 H1 still has low miles since I built the engine, and the trans is basically stock. When cold, each gear selection is crisp and clean but seems to get mushy as the engine gets warm. I have to push the lever harder to find neutral, and it feels like the lever doesn't ratchet back solidly after an up shift or downshift. The clutch seems okay and it's not creeping while in gear. I'm running motorcycle Yamaha transmission fluid and not dino gear oil but I ran the same in my 70 H1 and it was fine for years. It actually seems better the more miles I put on it, but I'm stumped.....
Thanks,

Rich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:23 am 
Site Admin

try some clutchless upshifts to take the clutch out of the equation. And you do know on these gals, you should hold the shift lever in the full up position until you let the clutch all the way out, when using the clutch. :thumbup: