Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Throttle/oil pump cables
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:30 am 

Hi Guys
Been searching the posts but cant seem to find what i'm looking for. I am coming to the end of my build on my H1D- and am having problems with the throttle/oil pump cables. No matter what I adjust I cannot get one of the carbs to seat at the slide. Two out of three I can lift the slide when in position in the carb and it returns to the seated position with a firm clunk. The third one no matter what I do I cannot get it to seat. I can feel it through the rear of the carb and its definitely sitting higher than the other two. I have even removed the slide from the carb and sat it back into the carb with spring and it definitely seats with a "clunk". I am leaning towards the cable on that carb being shorter thus not allowing it to seat. All cables have been adjusted for max play in each cable and each screw to adjust tickover has been adjusted fully down as well. Has anyone had this issue in the past? Has there been issues with certain suppliers of these cables. In addition the oil pump cable seems to be quite long as well - once fitted it is almost at the end of adjustment when the lines on the pump line up. The cable is an aftermarket one from Niche Cycles

Many Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:43 am 
Site Admin

There have been recent reported problems with short cable length on H1. But those have been all three carb cables.
If only one is short it is likely due to that cable not being seated properly in the one to four splitter. You may need to open the splitter and insure all are properly seated.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 am 

Have the same issue with the repro cable on my H2B, one inner cable is shorter than the other two. Took almost all the adjustment to get them to synch. Bit annoying.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:04 pm 

Morning all

So I removed the throttle/oil pump cable combo for the umpteenth time and measured from the end of the outer sheath to the tip if each nipple:

RHS : 90mm
Centre: 88mm
LHS: 83mm

I split the case tube as suggested and re positioned each cable to achieve 86/86 and 85mm. Fitted the cables back on each slide and BINGO each slide seats perfectly.

Thanks for everyone's help re this

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:11 am 

Is what I was saying, the outer lower cables are the correct different lengths, but the inners are all the same length, cheaper to manufacture like that, but certainly not right. Uses up all your adjustment range.