Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gumballs in carbs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 pm 

First of all long time no posts,been busy getting myself straight. Going on 3-1/2 yrs now..No drink,no smoke makes Bob a busy man. Apologies to all if I offended you when I was messed up.
Anyway I have run across carbs that have these small clear to tan balls struck to the side of the bowl.
Some were in a boat carb bowl,mini bike and now my snowblower that i just bought it last yr. Think it might have been caused by Seafoam. That is the only additive used. It happened in an old boat motor that I was using stabile,the gum balls were pink like the color of stabile. Probably going to use premium fuel for now on too.
Any thoughts? Anyone else have these?..TIA

Post subject: Re: Gumballs in carbs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:39 am 

FWIW
I have seen too many carbs and fuel systems messed up using excess amounts of SeaFoam.

Stable-hum.. Just cleaned out my sno blower carby with lots of dirty sugar looking "crystals". I was using Stable. The label states will not harm if excess amounts are added to the fuel.

I dis-agree. I am quite sure I added too much to everything.

cliff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 am 

If you read Seafoam's MSDS, you'll see that there's not much in it that can do any good. Techron on the other hand really does have a cleaning effect. My chainsaw's carb was acting up last fall, and it wouldn't idle very well, and I had to keep adjusting both the low and high speed jets. I put some Techron in the fuel, ran it a little that way, and let it sit overnight. The next day I had to adjust the jets back the way they were when the carb was clean, and it behaved perfectly through about five cords of firewood over the next couple weeks.

Using Sta-Bil whenever an engine isn't run regularly seems to prevent carb problems.

Congratulations on your life changes, Beets!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

Thanxs Jim,it was a long hard road.
The snow blower kept stopping under a load. Pulled the bowl off and used Gumout,it melted it out of the jets without removing them. Just wondering what substance it is that make those gumballs.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am 
Site Admin

My guess is the ethanol is mixing with water. Or the volitals are evaporating off leaving the "gunk".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 am 

Interesting I just found a bunch of stuff like that in my KZ carbs which I just thoroughly cleaned last year. I did add some seafoam I had to the tank .... Guess Im done with that product.
I have had it work well in our generators at work when they get a bit boggy and troublesome we add a bit and run it through and it has cleared them up.
I guess I need to check there carb bowls.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
My guess is the ethanol is mixing with water. Or the volitals are evaporating off leaving the "gunk".

Was what I thought too. Looks like what a Methanol Indy or sprint car fuel pump will have in it if you don't 'pickle' it after use. we found Naptha to be the best for pickling after Methanol.