Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:35 pm 

Running in my new race H1 clutch slipping big time on the pipe. I think this engine will make good power. Medium ported, 34s, chambers, Squished correctly, slightly higher comp on Avgas.
I built everything from scratch but didn't need to split cases. I think the clutch is stock, I did inspect the fibers, within spec.
Probably has stock springs as it feels light. stock actuator.
Question is...what is the best setup?
I don't think I have time to add a fiber as that requires machining? Don't have much time left. going to miss rd1 as it is.
Question....are early and late springs different?
I have some very stiff (gold Barnet springs I think) from my late H1 spare.
I can also use my sytech actuator from my street bike. Can get EBC frictions quickly here.
If there is a definite best setup I do have just enough time if I order now.
Bikes got some stonk. jeez I can build a good engine! :lol:
Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

If you have the ball bearing release, use it and add the 5 Barnette springs. New fibers are a good plan also. soak in oil first. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:12 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
If you have the ball bearing release, use it and add the 5 Barnette springs. New fibers are a good plan also. soak in oil first. :thumbup:

No I don't have ball bearing release. But I have the moded sy-tek (hole moved in) I will use that.

Thinking on ordering Barnett Kevlar frictions. If they are anything like the EBC Kevlar ones I put in my FZR1000 race bike they will never slip. In fact they were so good I had to take them out because I couldn't get good starts. The bike would either nearly flip of the line or bog. everywhere else on the track they were great.
Anyone here tried the Barnett Kevlar frictions?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 pm 

COOPS wrote:
Ja-Moo wrote:

No I don't have ball bearing release. But I have the moded sy-tek (hole moved in) I will use that.

Thinking on ordering Barnett Kevlar frictions. If they are anything like the EBC Kevlar ones I put in my FZR1000 race bike they will never slip. In fact they were so good I had to take them out because I couldn't get good starts. The bike would either nearly flip of the line or bog. everywhere else on the track they were great.
Anyone here tried the Barnett Kevlar frictions?

I've been using Barnett Kevlar frictions in my H1 for eight years now (approximately 60 000 km). It's a 15 plate H2 kit from Barnett (8 frictions and 7 steels). No slip, no drag. I can shift down while standing still. The tabs on my frictions are getting worn now so I'm going to contact Barnett to se if I get me a new kit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:23 am 

Thanks. ive ordered some kevlar plates. on there way. but i have bigger problems...........jetting.