Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:04 pm 

One wire on the starter cable assy on my H1A seems to be too long (the one with the shorter sheath). The play is way to big and the cable adjuster runs out before the correct play is achieved. Cable assy have grey wires with silver colored tube. What to do?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe you could go to the 1-3 joint, open it up, and put a shim/spacer under the long wire?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:28 pm 

mraxl wrote:
Maybe you could go to the 1-3 joint, open it up, and put a shim/spacer under the long wire?

Maybe, or get an original cable (on Ebay?). I don't care if its black or grey as long as it works.

The cable routing on these bikes still drives me nuts, why isn't a proper diagram available?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm 

New cable ferrule end, shorten inner cable, fit and solder new ferrule on end of cable with solder pot, not soldering gun or torch..

The end inside the junction sits down into a recess on the slider, a spacer in there isn't the right way to go with it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 pm 

I suspect the current cable is some reproduction junk so maybe not worth to fix? I'm useless at soldering anyway.

New cable and wiring help needed or this project isn't going anywhere I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

The blocks just have to barely lift, as it's just a huge hole where gas flows through.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:49 pm 

My H1B with black choke cable tube doesn't seem to have the same problem.

The cable on the H1A looks like this: http://vintagekawasaki.com/webshop/inde ... ts_id=1076

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:32 pm 

Been trying to get proper cables for this bike but they just aren't available it seems?

Strongly thinking about selling it, I will never get it to run right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:44 pm 

As I said, if it was only the inner cable too long, all that was needed was to find some sort of shop that woks with those cables, like a bicycle or motorcycle shop, and cut the inner to the right length, and install a new end ferrule. All it takes is a solder pot and a ferrule.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:46 am 

H2RTuner wrote:
As I said, if it was only the inner cable too long, all that was needed was to find some sort of shop that woks with those cables, like a bicycle or motorcycle shop, and cut the inner to the right length, and install a new end ferrule. All it takes is a solder pot and a ferrule.

It's not just the starter cable. I realized all cables on this bike are copies. The handle bar I knew was not original, but a lot higher. The clutch cable was too tight also.

Got an S3 handlebar I put on but of all of the cables are of course now too long. Saw Partzilla had all the shorter cables I needed available but they refunded me after a few days so that didn't work out.

So unless someone here can help me out, I have to go to Ebay and buy the cables ($$$).

And of course I don't know if it's the choke plunger with too much play that have caused the engine problems, but it seems plausible?