Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 pm 

Fixed it today first i rebuilt the mater cylender then checked the line. top line was clogged put new line on then checked bottom line that one was clogged two change it and still didn't work rebuilt calipar and still didn't work only one thing left change rotor bingo warped rotor how can all these things be bad at once but trust me it was crazy i checked everything one part at a time every part was bad at once crazy and it was a running bike that sat over the winter over 20 years working on these bikes never seen anything like this before all at once

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 pm 

Well, I must apologize but...the very same thing happened to my 400..same reason, same result.

I rebuilt the caliper, wouldn't release. I rebuild the MC, wouldn't release. I put newer (proven) upper and lower lines on, wouldn't release...went to steel braided..no joy. Then fitted EX 500 ..well it was better, but still dragging. When the penny finally dropped that the rotor was warped - I was too ashamed to tell anyone. :banghead :e4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:07 pm 

Every part was bad couldn't blow through the lines upper and lower its fixed now going on ebay next week

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:09 am 

My 1976 RE5 Rotary Suzuki did that when it sat for a few years. I was lucky, had to clean the whole dual disk system, but no need for new parts. What a PITA.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 pm 

ironhd80 wrote:
Tanner at z1 enterprise has brand new after market calipars for z1.I was told you can run them on h1 h2 is this true. Thank you

Z1 caliper mount is different spacing than H1,H1.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:31 pm 

It is?

I guess those 3 Z1 calipers (2 on the front, 1 on the rear I ran), really didn't fit the 1973 H2 forks, but, they did bolt right up, and sweep was same as the H2 calipers I took off, I must have been so confused.

I ran them only a short time, daily, for a mere 20 plus years before the bike got stolen in Merced, California.