Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Engine oil filter?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:41 pm 

I tested it it flows fine , gravity the laws of science , oil in and oil ran right out :D , bottom line that stock Kawi filter is a POS set up that probly killed a lot engines , your probly better off with out it than with it :think: kinda like drain in a shower just cover it and its plugged , put a tall cylinder filter in your shower and try and plug it , it would be pretty hard to do,,,, anyway a Cut and paste from my original post 6 years ago,

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Yes the Loctite stick and seal holds the screen in place its strong stuff gas and oil proof too. The filter fits nice and snug 1/4 deep in to the stock cap it a male female fit its perfect imop almost like the two parts were made for each other I tested the flow by filling the tank and letting the oil drain through the filter and the new line and it flowed nicely way more oil than the injector pump could ever need so I am sure this will work just fine and actually I think is better than the stock flat screen that could easily be come plugged because its so small.

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:32 am 

To each, their own way. I'll opt to not use an inline filter. Just begging for trouble with one, from my experience.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:00 am 

I do understand where your coming from H2R, But I have modified my oil tank and have no gauze in there. The outlet is NOT at the very bottom. I do think I need a filter of some sort in there as the pump is delicate. As you may know I am building a race bike so the filter will get cleaned every season (or two :lol: ) which is only about 10 hrs running. I thought something like this with bronze filter rather than paper. Which doesn't filter as well but flows better I think. If it needs cleaning, then its doing its job and should be there! This one is easily cleaned.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BikeMaster-Alum ... 1438.l2649

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:12 am 

I have had a couple of good reds, so here goes... ( :D ) THAT is a fuel filter, oil is not a fuel. The oil pumps are NOT delicate, they are reliable like a stone-axe. Why don't you run pre-mix on a race-bike? The more you do between the oil tank and the pump, the more can go wrong.....seen it all B4. Thanks, I have had my say. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:20 am 

RODH2 wrote:
I have had a couple of good reds, so here goes... ( :D ) THAT is a fuel filter, oil is not a fuel. The oil pumps are NOT delicate, they are reliable like a stone-axe. Why don't you run pre-mix on a race-bike? The more you do between the oil tank and the pump, the more can go wrong.....seen it all B4. Thanks, I have had my say. :thumbup:

I have been through this and the decision was made.......Non sloted rods with slingers, keep oil pump.
That filter will filter oil, moths, gravel.
Stay off the reds. Bad hangover. green bottles better. Pilseners even better. Ive had 7 tonight. Shut up. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:40 am 

I have to fully agree with Rod on all his points.

Bronze filters are NOT good for oils, as he outlined. Fuel, ok, oils, no.

The H1R and H#R used stock street bike oil pumps with different bailes that locked the pump cam at idle and removed the cable, then used 30:1 premix along with oil receiver in place and oil holes in intake ports not drilled.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:45 am 

You spelt "slotted" wrong..... !! :lol: (Did 100,000 miles on a non rotted-slod ( :lol: ), oil pump H2, no filters and crap between the tank outlet and the pump....never had an issue. The guys who had issues used to worry their way with filters, change of oil type, new rings every 2,000Km, etc. Have a nice day! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:46 am 

Posted just after Dave, no argument with Dave on this!