Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:50 pm 

Tuner: Now you surprise me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 pm 

Hello Jørgen, how have you been?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:03 pm 

Triplewise, a frustrating season. Both my H2's had gearbox issues. At least the golden 72 is up and running again.

And I just bought a 1975 DT400b, coming from US. That bike is REALLY factory detuned, I hope to bring some grunt back. (My F5 is way quicker than the DT)
Otherwise, I have enjoyed summertime in my -76 Eldorado convertible, the -66 Saab 2-stroke and the -01 Aston :thumbup:

I am in the planning stage for building the H2 dragracer engine from scratch. That's a lot of work, hopefully finished within a year or so.

Jørgen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:12 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
-76 Eldorado convertible

Now thats a classic American car! I somehow can't imagine one in the Norwegian landscape.
Im sure you will have the DT flying by the time your done.
Good fortune on the drag bike!

I can't say a thing about clutches, actuators or levers mine work well...once its warmed up a bit :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:32 am 

Before I upgraded to the brilliant Ralf Schipmann lock-up clutch on my "caferacer" H2, I used a 15 plate set-up and Ralf Gille's releaser due to the high torque/power output. Because of some clutch drag, it was necessary to increase travelling distance on releaser by adding a new hole closer to the pivot.
That helped a bit on the drag, but lever arm got a bit heavier to pull.

Now, the use of the l.up clutch makes the handle light as a moped, it's a 1 finger clutch pull in combination with Ralf Gille releaser, and zero clutch drag and zero slip. Even with undercutted 1.st gear, I can now stand still in first, and get into neutral. That was a no go earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:14 am 

That sounds amazing. With mine, the undercut tranny, neutral is a no go at anything less than rolling, if you stop no chance of getting it to neutral. I have the 15 plate set up with the new type release mechanism, it drags VERY slightly for the first 1/4 mile of driving. After that no noticeable drag but if you can get to netural with a cut tranny that's one great clutch setup!

My GS tranny is cut and it can be a bit finicky about netural also but not as bad as the H2.

And as far as clutch lever pull, you guys got to man up :P
My GS is about three times harder to pull than my H2...never gave it a thought.
Although I will say until I put the new release mechanism in the H2 it was crazy hard to pull but that was with the old nylon spline one and it was cracked.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:50 am 
Site Admin

For the life of me, I can't let the clutch out smoothly on my new ZZR, me and hydraulic clutches do not get alone. I'm like Joe, need some tension on the lever to get some feel.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:06 am 

No matter what release I used, with all 5 Barnett springs, never had a problem, and as mentioned above, with them...MAN UP and enjoy the pull.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:42 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Before I upgraded to the brilliant Ralf Schipmann lock-up clutch on my "caferacer" H2, I used a 15 plate set-up and Ralf Gille's releaser due to the high torque/power output. Because of some clutch drag, it was necessary to increase travelling distance on releaser by adding a new hole closer to the pivot.
That helped a bit on the drag, but lever arm got a bit heavier to pull.

Now, the use of the l.up clutch makes the handle light as a moped, it's a 1 finger clutch pull in combination with Ralf Gille releaser, and zero clutch drag and zero slip. Even with undercutted 1.st gear, I can now stand still in first, and get into neutral. That was a no go earlier.

Can I get a link to Ralf's website, would like to look into his lock up clutch.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:19 am 

Ron, you will like it, nicely designed, well done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next