Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:00 pm 

So in my 45 plus years of riding bikes I have never seen this symptom before. My wife's FZR400 wants to turn sharp left of right as soon as you go
off center. I thought first it was a hanging caliper but pushing the pads away and not hitting the brakes to load the pads again doesn't make it go
away. I then checked the rear disc and it was hot and I wasn't using the brake. Bleed it and moved the pads away and the bike still feels like
something is dragging really bad. Rear wheel seems to spin easy and neither wheel has any bearing wobble. Going to jack up the front and take
off the calipers and see how the front spins. What ever it is it feels like it wants to turn the front hard left of right and you have to fight it.

We've owned the bike for 6 years and it sits most of the time. Didn't ride like this last year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:03 am 
Site Admin

Alignment?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:18 am 

Over the years I have only had a couple of wheel bearing failures, (wear), but they can do weird things to the stability of a bike. And they can be difficult to diagnose. :think:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:23 am 

happened on my RG 500 one time and worse during a 12 hours endurance race on which we have only 10 minutes by driver to do a time to be qualified (Bol d'argent 1981, Monthlery track) we were the only H2 among Honda CB 1100R, Suzuki GS 1000 S, Kawasaki 1100 GPZ. We have plenty of wheels with the tyre on and we choose what we thought would be the best time for a few laps to get the qualification, Did a first lap quietly then the second fast excepted rear wheel was really swinging, back to the stand, put the bike on the race stand, put the rear wheel with my hand can shake it: wheel bearing out, no time to change as was production race with standart fit up and we have just 5 minutes before the end of my qualification, so DNQ DNS :(