Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:38 pm 

Ok , I just rebuilt my 72 h2 , started right up but wasn't hitting on a couple cylinders it seemed , after thinking it was just flooded with to much oil since I mixed a little in the gas , it was still acting weird . So I ripped off the exhaust since there was a lot of oil coming out of the seams . I couldn't even blow threw them ! There aftermarket ( denco ? ) so I pulled out the end foot of the silencer and it was gummed with tar and the end was plugged. And I still couldn't blow threw it , looking down in the end there's another restrictor but it's plugged. So my question is , do I cut end off and clean out that baffle and weld the end back on or do I take a long drill and drill a 1/2" hole in it so it can breathe ? Also I'm not really going after power upgrades and I do have the original air box so I'm thinking about going to stock exhaust but I have to buy a set . Is there a very noticeable difference between the two ? And is it ok to run stock exhaust on it when it's bored to 72.00?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

You are describing Wirges pipes not Denco. Wirges had an internal baffle. You can cut them open and remove the internal baffle.
Yes, there is a significant difference between good chambers and stock pipes. Wirges is not one of the good chambers.