Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:08 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:50 am 

can we all play "pin the tail on the donkey" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:55 am 

Make sure that passage in front of the slide is clean. That little hole plugged will cause problems and I've had it plugged a couple times that required wire in the hole to knock out the debris. Usually I try looking through the pilot hole in the body and the jet itself with a bright light or he sun behind it and make sure I can see through. Then I use some 2+2 with a straw, have the pilot jet out of the body, and spray directly up the pilot orifice with my finger plugging the main pilot hole and screwing the air screw to the closed position. If that small hole is open, a slight stream will shoot out. If it's plugged or partially open, it will dribble out or not spray anything out that hole. A strand from and old clutch or throttle cable ran through it will usually knock out healthy clogs. :thumbup:

71 Yammi RT1B
83 HD Sportster
03 Yammi R1
06 Kaw 750 Vulcan (wife’s bike)
12 Yammi vstar 250 (wife’s bike)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:06 am 

usernameandpassword wrote:
Make sure that passage in front of the slide is clean. That little hole plugged will cause problems and I've had it plugged a couple times that required wire in the hole to knock out the debris. Usually I try looking through the pilot hole in the body and the jet itself with a bright light or he sun behind it and make sure I can see through. Then I use some 2+2 with a straw, have the pilot jet out of the body, and spray directly up the pilot orifice with my finger plugging the main pilot hole and screwing the air screw to the closed position. If that small hole is open, a slight stream will shoot out. If it's plugged or partially open, it will dribble out or not spray anything out that hole. A strand from and old clutch or throttle cable ran through it will usually knock out healthy clogs. :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip usernameandpassword! I'll try that out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:00 am 

Find a guitar player. Electric guitar string clips are great for little pokers. Stainless steel and strong. I glue little 1-2" clips onto popsicle sticks for little poke tools.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 am 

I prefer copper wire for jets themselves, because it won't gouge their metering holes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:18 pm 

Thanks all!

The old fuel lines between the petcock and carbs were old and hard as plastic tubes, but having a bit of trouble finding replacements.
It's part 51047-001.

Bought pipes with 4,7 mm inner diameter that fits on the petcock but are a really tight fit on the carb inlets. Ordered new ones with the part code from cmsnl.com but they have even smaller inner diameter (4,5 mm) and doesn't fit at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:52 pm 

A little heat from a hot air gun or hair dryer, combined with a tiny wipe of soapy water might get them on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Stock lines were 5mm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 am 

Jim wrote:
A little heat from a hot air gun or hair dryer, combined with a tiny wipe of soapy water might get them on.

I did get the 4,7 mm pipe onto one carb with the help of a drop of two stroke oil (but still a tight fit). On the other two carbs I had to glue the fuel inlet pipes back with Loctite. I don't feel comfortable using the same force on those?

There are NOS fuel pipes on Ebay. If they are the real thing are they even worth considering? 40+ years old rubber.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next