Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am 

I have been using this clear Tygon tubing on all my triples since I got back into the scene (~2004).

I use it because it was routinely replaced and discarded at my work. After carrying purified water for a week I still call it NEW! Though the process using it is now discontinued, I collected quite a stash. While you most likely can't get it for free, $18 will get you 50ft from Cole Parmer.

https://www.coleparmer.com/i/tygon-nd-100-65-tubing-non-dehp-1-16-x-1-8-50-ft/9566601?PubID=UX&persist=true&ip=no&gclid=Cj0KEQiAuonGBRCaotXoycysvIMBEiQAcxV0nLN3ytJB3lrs2kq26BGrGC6qiDT8cPoapPVRK-qGj1UaAuF48P8HAQ

I use a few drops of gas on the ends to help get it on the fittings and have never needed any type of clamps. (stock carbs & petcock)

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT fuel line, it is made of a pure resin that will not leach into your sterile lab experiments. It WILL discolor, shrink and harden after a couple months.
I use it because it's FREE! but I also like that it's clear.
You can get the 3/16 x 5/16 Tygon Fuel line on eBay for about $.80 a foot, but I prefer the clear over the bright yellow for stock looking bikes and I can afford to change this often.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tygon-AAG00012-50-3-16-ID-5-16-OD-Fuel-Line-Lubrican-Tubing-F-4040-A-/292025000869?hash=item43fe0be3a5:g:uDIAAOSw2gxYnhg8

I will probably switch to this when I run out of the clear stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:36 pm 

I use fuel line from an auto parts store because it's ...... Fuel Line :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:41 pm 

Put a brand new Mikuni float valve assy in the center carb today but it still drips gas.

Also switched carbs with left cylinder. Not the throttles etc. because I was too lazy to reroute the cables. Left works but center still not running. Don't know what conclusion to draw from that.

Anyone have 3 good KA6 carbs for sale?

Last edited by Pecka on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

http://kawatriple.com/carb/carbleak.htm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:06 pm 

Just to be sure I understand, you mean you switched carbs but the problem did not move? That is, the center cylinder was not firing, you swapped carbs, and the center cylinder is still not firing?

If that's true, and fuel is getting to the center carb, it would indicate that the problem is with the ignition system. You need to double check that you really have spark on the center plug. If so, maybe two ignition wires somewhere are swapped.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:20 pm 

Jim wrote:
Just to be sure I understand, you mean you switched carbs but the problem did not move? That is, the center cylinder was not firing, you swapped carbs, and the center cylinder is still not firing?

If that's true, and fuel is getting to the center carb, it would indicate that the problem is with the ignition system. You need to double check that you really have spark on the center plug. If so, maybe two ignition wires somewhere are swapped.

Yes, switched the carbs (not the throttles, needles, top cap etc though) and problem didn't move. Before the switch it was possible to get the middle cylinder firing with start spray or pulling the throttle wire.

The wire going to center have an annoying kink in it, not exactly bent but like it's too long. Was like that when i got the bike.

Guess ignition problem could be it also. The bike came with a brand new complete wiring loom. Maybe there was a reason for that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm 

Pecka wrote:
Yes, switched the carbs (not the throttles, needles, top cap etc though) and problem didn't move. Before the switch it was possible to get the middle cylinder firing with start spray or pulling the throttle wire.

OK, not ignition then. Clearly there is a problem with the carb if pulling the wire or spraying fuel into it gets that cylinder running. Did the throttle cable get out of position in the 3-way splitter, or something like that? Look in the carb while you turn the throttle grip and see if the slide moves up (engine not running).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm 

Jim wrote:
Pecka wrote:

OK, not ignition then. Clearly there is a problem with the carb if pulling the wire or spraying fuel into it gets that cylinder running. Did the throttle cable get out of position in the 3-way splitter, or something like that? Look in the carb while you turn the throttle grip and see if the slide moves up (engine not running).

Maybe could try to give the cable a pull. The middle throttle lifts earlier than the other two.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:30 am 

Maybe Your center piston is toast.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:16 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Maybe Your center piston is toast.

Would this show on a compression test?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next