Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: H2 needle jets
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:46 pm 

Update - I thought the richness had gone away but I was wearing earplugs that day. Next time around I bought a new grinding wheel with the intent of cutting off another .2mm. Instead, in an instant I had cut .8mm then the slide cutaway was 1mm greater than before. So I cut all three slides the same.

Today I went for a test ride - without earplugs. The richness is greatly reduced, the bike sounds nice. The very bottom end was leaner and I turned the airscrews in 1/4.

There's still some experimenting to do. I'm thinking of going for the UFO's since I've already cut the slides and there's no turning back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:57 pm 

Mike..............UFO's work on PP motor.........they have real crisp throttle response........less surging........and flow well ((according to UFO......on some KTM website..........they flow better than TM flatslides at wide open........whether true or not........who knows........they have a bunch of flow charts.........could be biased........they don't have the gated ON|OFF flatslides do (opened\closed)........they have good range))

I ran my bike without them........then put them on........I am a very stuborn bastard...........and was determined to make them work

I think they are a good benifit to a streetable bike...........went thru a lot of hassle on jetting..........mainly due to different engine configs.......lots of studying......carbs off 21 times.........perfect now......that, Zeeltronic (or PCDI-30 with Jims Box), VM 34's , UFOs, Moo Squish heads and Port stage 1, Pipes, etc..............makes for a really fun bike, likes throttle, really digs.......but can be riden as a moped..........big improvement over a stock H2

PM me, I will share what I learned.......and save somebody that hassle, it's still up to you to get it correct, but I can get you close

THX Phil :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:24 pm 

Quote:
This is my setup (not to be copied for someone elses bike, do your own jetting)
VM-34-275s.......UFO's.......mod your own slides to 3.5
220 mains
P-0 needle jet
6DH3-middle clip needles
17.5 piot jet (small due to UFO's)
1 3/8 turn air screws

Mike........if you do go with UFO's and don't have squish heads.........assuming you are using VM34's (UFO don't fit VM30 I don't think, or they may have to be carved on).......probably gonna want P-2 needle jet.........and I used the 6DH4 needles.........2nd clip down......that worked in Ohio anyways, before I had the heads done.......that should be close.........we are around 1000' altitude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:01 am 

I haven't done any work on this bike in the past couple of weeks. The H2C has squish heads and VM30's with Ivan's needles.

Been working on my H1 with H2 motor. Today the transmission started acting up and I'm preparing to pull the motor and figure out what's not working right.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:44 pm 

Quote:
Been working on my H1 with H2 motor. Today the transmission started acting up and I'm preparing to pull the motor and figure out what's not working right.

Mike.....Oh Lord.......I know about that :roll: ..........wish you well on that :thumbup:

THX Phil :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:38 am 

Today the transmission started acting up and I'm preparing to pull the motor and figure out what's not working right.

Well at least it's easier getting hold of trans. parts than getting genuine Mikuni spares ! :banghead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:10 pm 

Quote:
Well at least it's easier getting hold of trans. parts than getting genuine Mikuni spares ! :banghead

Tankie......that's kind of funny.....but not really.........I have found best to call them on the phone and make them go check what the have in actual stock before buying

I was already to do some weekend jetting, took the carbs off, ready to go......only to find I received 2 of the 3 needle jets, I had ordered........my fault for not checking first.......when I called Niche Cycle (whom I have had good success with)........they explained the third one was back ordered from Mikuni Japan as Sudco did not have any in the US.........I asked the wait time........could be two weeks or it could two years is what they told me :wtf:........I got another one off EBAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:14 am 

Last time I battled the jets I worked with Fox Distributing. They have a website, http://www.mikuni-foxdist.com/order.htm

I was impressed by what they had in stock and the guy that answered the phone (Bernie I think?) would set the phone down, go check stock and let you know right away if they had what you wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:16 am 

BBP, do the UFOs considerably change jetting if you make no other changes? TMX34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

The UFO's are only for round slide VM series......