Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 am 

Hello, I have a very early production part number '73 H2 in candy purple...what is the correct color combo? I see they offer yellow and red stripe kit, and a orange and red stripe kit. What is correct for my application??? Rick Brett says its the Yellow and Red for early production, then they changed to the orange and red?!?!? I sure hope he is correct. Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 am 

Well the reason for my questions are because the tins are painted with using the yellow stripe kit that I bought from Rick Brett and that he assured me were correct..but after many frowns from H2 folk about it being the wrong color, Im confused...I have tried to contact Mr. Brett more then once and he seems to be avoiding me, or is just too busy to get back at me with an answer...Im a bit concerned!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:54 am 

Have never had the oppurtunity to meet Mr Brett but I would be inclined to believe what he says as the truth concerning our 2 stroke motorcycles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:56 am 

april 20th 2011 I have been trying to get in contact with him?? By phone...e-mail..and even E-Bay...with no return answers..thats my beef with him. I am sure he is busy...so are we all, but a simple answer back is not to hard to do , or take up alot of time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 am 

Rick can be difficult to contact at times, partly because he's busy, and partly because of his travels. Looking at it from his side though, you said "Rick Brett says its the Yellow and Red for early production", so maybe he feels he already answered you and now you're wasting his time with all the emails, phone calls, and eBay messages. Nothing personal, just saying there can be two sides to things.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:10 am 

orange and red stripes are absolutly correct but there is also a discussion about yellow and red stripes some guys think earlies H2A came also with yellow red stripes and there is one like this: the bike of the euro H2A brochure or exactly the bike pictured on page 3 had yellow and red stripes with gold or orange paint.
sadly here black and white picture
http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/brochures/h2a-3.htm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 am 

Jim...I get your thinking...but I never got an answer from him after the first purchase?! So I would think a question about his product should be answered by him directly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 am 

Husson73...The paint is kandy purple...not gold, that would make a difference here with color combo's, but thank you for the info anyways.)))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 am 

From my limited dealings with Mr Brett, he seems like a really great guy and he is certainly an H2 expert.........Like stated above, he travels A LOT. I have never seen a purple 73 with the yellow stripes, but I don't have the experience that he does, either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 am 

Well Iam hoping he adds his comment , or contacts me)))