Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Help Pricing H2B
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 am 

I agree w/ axiom, with a bath that 3300 mile original H2B would go for more than 2-3k

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 am 

1,000 tops......the bike has sat for decades and every bit of chrome is no doubt spotted at best. There will be plenty of rust underneath the seat. Tires and maybe even rims to replace. Engine to rebuild. Forks to rebuild, shocks to replace, etc...

You'll be upwards to 5,000 to make it show room. 3,000 making it fairly nice. And thats with you doing most of the work.

1,000 bucks and thats fair to her. If she needs the money and pushes give her 1,500 but no more.

IMO...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:30 am 

If you want to get rid of the backrest please let me know I would be interested in it. Thanks.
Thad Q.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm 

Ric wrote:
1,000 tops......the bike has sat for decades and every bit of chrome is no doubt spotted at best. There will be plenty of rust underneath the seat. Tires and maybe even rims to replace. Engine to rebuild. Forks to rebuild, shocks to replace, etc...

You'll be upwards to 5,000 to make it show room. 3,000 making it fairly nice. And thats with you doing most of the work.

1,000 bucks and thats fair to her. If she needs the money and pushes give her 1,500 but no more.

IMO...

I think it is worth MORE because it has sat for decades. From the few shots it appears to have been stored in the dark (cinder block walls with no windows = no paint fade) and in the dry (layers of dry looking dust = not too much rust). I agree that the chrome is probably pitted up but that would not slow me down even a little. When it is uncovered you could also find other bad things but again, if the condition matches the mileage that bike is a rare original. Ric is right about putting another $5k into it but at that point the bike is worth well north of $10k. So you can't really complain about that.

I probably wouldn't sleep well taking that for a grand from a lady that lost her husband. If it goes on E-Bay members from this board (myself included) will bid it well past $2500 IMHO.

I mean this guy wants $2k for a pile of parts.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-Kawasaki-H-2-H2-750-Project-Parts-Bike-3-Cylinder-2-Stroke-Motorcycle-/220963145776?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item33726e0830

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 pm 

axiom-r wrote:
Ric wrote:

IMO...

I think it is worth MORE because it has sat for decades. From the few shots it appears to have been stored in the dark (cinder block walls with no windows = no paint fade) and in the dry (layers of dry looking dust = not too much rust). I agree that the chrome is probably pitted up but that would not slow me down even a little. When it is uncovered you could also find other bad things but again, if the condition matches the mileage that bike is a rare original. Ric is right about putting another $5k into it but at that point the bike is worth well north of $10k. So you can't really complain about that.

I probably wouldn't sleep well taking that for a grand from a lady that lost her husband. If it goes on E-Bay members from this board (myself included) will bid it well past $2500 IMHO.

I mean this guy wants $2k for a pile of parts.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-Kawasaki-H-2-H2-750-Project-Parts-Bike-3-Cylinder-2-Stroke-Motorcycle-/220963145776?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item33726e0830

HA !......pussy cat.....LOL....I got my H2B in the exact situation. All original. Very Low miles, sat for decades in a basement. Widow selling everything off........I gave her 400....!!!!

I did tell her it was worth way more...maybe 1,500....she said, "give me a few hundred and get it out."

Ahhhh.......now I feel bad.......!!!!
:think:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 am 

I think some of you guy's are still living in the past regarding prices. That would go for $4k minimum all day long, here in Europe, though that would be after taxes and shipping being added I admit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:58 am 

He's trying to buy the bike not sell it.While I agree he should not take advantage of the lady, no way would I offer ebay pricing for a bike that I'm trying to buy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:25 am 

I think Buddy is on to it- and there is good reason not to pay an ebay price for it - it needs work, you found it without ebay and the sale is much easier for the seller! But offering a fair price has its upside......

Ric wrote:
I did tell her it was worth way more...maybe 1,500....she said, "give me a few hundred and get it out."

:think:

So Ric, you DID tell her what the deal was and you still got it for cheap...... I think they call that karma! Comes around.....goes right back around!

:e11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 am 

id offer $1500..would be fair for both parties..after all it only sold for about a grand new...lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 pm 

Well, a grand when it was new is like $4000 now. :mrgreen: