Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm 

Man guys I went to my Mechanics shop awhile ago and he left this on my shelf. (ya I moved a shelf in so I can get him to look at my stuff everyday to speed up the process) :clap: He purchased all the inventory from a Kawasaki dealer some years ago. He has been finding parts (NOS) and leaving them on my shelf. :D :D :D This is his latest find it was rolled up sitting in a box with a bunch of cables. :thumbup: :thumbup: Every time I go to his shop he finds more stuff, It is really making my triple mental problem worse. :banghead :banghead :banghead
I knew I have seen this poster before, Paul Collins was the Advertising Manager at Kawasaki Motor Corp. and was Tony’s boss. Note the Mach III poster in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:01 am 

After a summer of fiber optic installation over Sherman Pass in Republic Washington its time to get the 69 up and finished. I came across 2 more tanks and will also get them done. The motor is done and hope to have it installed in a couple weeks. I will post pics and keep in touch. Its been awhile since I have been posting info but hope to keep in touch. I cant say enough about my painter, His detail to original is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 am 

the blue stripes are too perfect, my 69 H1 with original paint hasn't straight stripes (think the japanses who painted it on 1968 has drunk too much sake :lol: ) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 am 

Glad to see you back, I still have your axle. Shoot me your address again so I can get it back to you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:05 am 

Well I finally finished the 1974 H1-E in Candy red. Then some big news on a 1969 find in a old farm. Low vin part number 431

Last edited by mach3restore on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 am 

:clap: Man we love craigs list, The notification pops up on the phone and off goes Frank to check it out. What a score, Vin part number 431 :o
The fuel tank is great. :D She has found the right home. Merry Christmas. Man this was meant to be. Great job Frank , The wife has to be happy about this find. Take her out to dinner.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:16 am 

The motor is in, pinned the heads and timing is right on, There is no getting around Vapor blasting. Shimmed the motor in and will have this thing done by the new year. 18 months later but Im glad I took my time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:35 pm 

Nice work 'restore! ;)

It's hard to see in your pic. Did you update the oil pump drive worm gear to the newer one with the locking notch/tabbed washer? Don't forget the loctite on this bolt too!

J

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 pm 

Thanks for the reminder, yep updated and lock-tite. :D I have heard of no horror stories have you. :o
Thanks again for the warning,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 am 

Final Mock up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next