Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CANDY BROWN PAINT CODE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:54 pm 

Can anyone provide me with a paint code for an approximate color match for 1975 Candy Brown for my H1 F side covers. Resource site only gives code for H2B Brown. Is that code similar ?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:35 am 
Site Admin

They are similar but not exactly the same.
Even if you were to find a better match it is unlikely that side covers would perfectly match tank & tailpiece.
Originals were painted in a different manner than a single paint and base color will give final paint a different hue.
Get all painted together if you want them to all match.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:17 am 

Thanks for the quick reply. And the info. I am aware of the original paint process. I have a restoration shop and have done a number of body sets in the original multi layered base colors.
And not expecting to duplicate the exact color, especially the pearl and metallic. In a single stage mix. Close color match is the best scenario. We tried to scan the tail piece, but it is not flat enough to get a good scan. I just thought we would reach out and see if anyone found a close color match ? Going to try to scan the tank but it too does not have much of a flat surface. Scanner window needs to be perfectly sealed to the surface to read the color. I have a driver that has rough side covers and I have spare covers to do a quick paint, not a restoration, to put on the bike and put originals aside. I am going to have a sample mixed of the H2 Brown and see how close it is. If anyone can tell me they found a better match than the H2 Brown ? That would be great. THANKS