Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Porting in New England
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:25 pm 

Hello all, need some recommendations. I'm building an H2, putting together a bike from parts. I have an early engine and had a tough time getting the jugs off due to corroded studs. Got the left and center jugs off the but the right one was boofooed in the process. I found a new right cylinder (not easy) but it had some porting work, unlike the other two jugs. So I need someone who can do some mild porting to the other two cylinders to match the other one. Not planning on racing, don't need radical porting, just want to have three matched cylinders. I'm in Connecticut and would like to find someone in the area, but any contact who can do the job for a reasonable price is appreciated. I've attached photos of the original and the ported jugs.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:07 am 

Have you measured the port timing and compared to stock?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:01 pm 

No, but I did make a quick comparison of the ports with a caliper. The ports on the cylinder in the second picture are a little larger. If the timing is the same but the one cylinder breathes a little better, it would probably be okay if I didn't abuse it. I'm not looking to build a hot rod, just want to have three similarly ported jugs. But if I used the ported jug with the other two standard jugs it probably wouldn't end well. I'm not racing, just want a smooth running fun bike. Looking for triple experienced people in my area.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:29 pm 

A possible problem is that if the ported cylinder is not ported in a way that you'll like for street use, making the others match will ruin them all. You really need to accurately measure the port timing of that one cylinder to understand it before you make the other two the same.

The modification to the side cutaways is not very important, by the way. It's the timing and areas of the ports that is most important.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:18 pm 

What the hell?? Looky at that seconded jug

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:53 pm 

I'd have had Los Angeles Sleeve, in Santa Fe Springs, Ca., resleeve it before going to a used ported cylinder.