Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:59 pm 

It sort of baffles me why people take such a set against what is basically just another form of communication. It's not compulsory, it's quick and easy and no big deal. It won't bite you. But a lot of old people, set in their ways, seem to think it's some sinister, evil thing! Strange. It's like complaining about a cell-phone or something. :think:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:43 pm 

Awareness of Facebook's system and not being OK with it is not an age thing, Rod. I'm all for technology, just not all technology.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:10 pm 

Cheers, Jim, we already did this, and we can choose to work around issues like that, but no argument..... It just surprises me that people who rode a bike since forever, itself a bit out there, and then rode the wildest, most crazy bike ever, can get a set against modern forms of communication, whatever they are. People seem to approach anything new or different from a negative position, it just makes me wonder. The kids hardly use FB these days, it's pretty much the province of those who did the forums going back. I put up a pic. of a H2 in Adelaide a couple of weeks back, and got 250 responses including 40 or so direct comments, and met 2 more people near here with H2's. I have family and friends who shun Social Media, and they miss out on events and wonder why. Just random comments, people can please themselves!! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:24 am 
Site Admin

RODH2 wrote:
Cheers, Jim, we already did this, and we can choose to work around issues like that, but no argument..... It just surprises me that people who rode a bike since forever, itself a bit out there, and then rode the wildest, most crazy bike ever, can get a set against modern forms of communication, whatever they are. People seem to approach anything new or different from a negative position, it just makes me wonder. The kids hardly use FB these days, it's pretty much the province of those who did the forums going back. I put up a pic. of a H2 in Adelaide a couple of weeks back, and got 250 responses including 40 or so direct comments, and met 2 more people near here with H2's. I have family and friends who shun Social Media, and they miss out on events and wonder why. Just random comments, people can please themselves!! :thumbup:

LIKE!.......... ;) LOL