Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:33 am 

Hi, last year I finished restoring a new 350 from 1971, found after years and years of research, very incomplete, in Italy only 32 were imported, and this is one of those, with the original plate of the time. finding parts in Italy was practically impossible, and very difficult also in Europe, where about 3300 were imported.I found almost everything, tank, saddle, fork plates, footboard, two mufflers, the front fender and air filter in the USA, with expenses crazy about shipping and duty, then for particular parts, exclusively European, such as the front light with double light, the electrical system and above all the speedometer in kilometers, I went crazy! so I guess you shouldn't have a hard time finding what you are missing, in the vast US market, where most 350s have been sold. a friend of mine in Switzerland on his 350, which had been modified for the track, fitted the tail of the 750 H2, it is identical, only small interior details change.
Paola

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:14 pm 

Paola wrote:
Hi, last year I finished restoring a new 350 from 1971, found after years and years of research, very incomplete, in Italy only 32 were imported, and this is one of those, with the original plate of the time. finding parts in Italy was practically impossible, and very difficult also in Europe, where about 3300 were imported.I found almost everything, tank, saddle, fork plates, footboard, two mufflers, the front fender and air filter in the USA, with expenses crazy about shipping and duty, then for particular parts, exclusively European, such as the front light with double light, the electrical system and above all the speedometer in kilometers, I went crazy! so I guess you shouldn't have a hard time finding what you are missing, in the vast US market, where most 350s have been sold. a friend of mine in Switzerland on his 350, which had been modified for the track, fitted the tail of the 750 H2, it is identical, only small interior details change.
Paola

Wow!
It's pretty cool how the internet and global freight has transformed our world. Parts are now available from all over!