Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1972 H1-B
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:40 am 

mraxl wrote:
Look at this: http://kawatriple.com/partid/carb/kits.htm
Then you be the judge.
Carb kits have been an issue for the past thirty years....
Guys will put them in then they're trying to figure out why they can't get the carbs tuned right.
You can use whatever kit you want but don't wonder afterward why you can't get the bike to perform as it should.
You can take the advice of those who have been around for a while or take your chances.
The only carb kits that are good are those from Ivan. The jets and needles in all carb kits (except Ivan's) are not Mikuni regardless of what they say. :banghead
I will say some claim Keyster kits work fine... good for them!

Thanks for the link mraxl, that tells me what I need to know, all the jets and needles look fine, think I will replace the float needle valves with viton tipped and new bowl gaskets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:44 pm 

Man, how times flies, it's been over 2 years since I worked on the triple, life and other projects got in my way, never sent my crank to Charlie(hope he is still rebuilding them) I'm in position to restart the project. I let some little Honda's and a Military jeep get in the way, I'm going to rededicate myself to this long awaited, and probably favorite project. I do have my paint for the project, going with Mopar orange over a pearl base, I sprayed a sample, doesn't look bad. Glad to be back, if you are Honda Mini fans, or military guys, these were my last projects, hoping to be asking many questions soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:18 pm 

We'll look forward to your progress reports!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:46 pm 

Now it's time to get my priorities in order, back on the H1, glad I got my little Honda's finished, my 2 sons have been wanting those finished for several years. Been getting my bodywork ready for paint, my question is, are the rebuild kits for the calipers and the M/C of good quality? I would like to rebuild these. I see there are cheap aftermarkets available, who would be some preferred vendors for the rebuild kits? Thought the ol' schoolr's would like the lil Honda's.
Attachment:
fenders3.JPG

Attachment:
h1brake.JPG

Attachment:
minis2.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:04 pm 

Been soaking the m/c for a couple days now, I read the How-to and figured it would be a tough job, my first clip was rusted and locked into place, just bending tips on my picks. Finally gave up and decided to drill a small hole just far enough down to get a pick under it, came right out, not much problem with the second, it came right out. I had to drive the plunger out from the backside with an 1/8 punch, after all of that, I think the bore will clean up fine.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:42 pm 

Getting a few things done while Charlie is rebuilding my crank, bought new Mikuni float valves and new bowl gaskets, need to put the carbs in the ultrasonic, glad to see they were in good shape. Got the caliper rebuild kit in, it's all cleaned up and ready for assembly.

Attachment:
h1carb.JPG

Attachment:
h1caliper.JPG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:31 pm 

Can anyone tell me where the flasher mount mounts on the frame? having hard time finding any pics of the wiring harness routing, unfortunately, I didn't get to take it apart, so going back blind, another question, does the harness run down the left side of frame?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:51 am 
Site Admin

Look here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/1 ... on.941740/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:33 am 

Thanks, that's a big help and a nice build, hope mine is half that sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:54 pm 

Making a little headway, need to order some old school looking tires, I think I have the wiring harness laid out correctly(maybe), my caliper rebuild is holding, no drips yet. I'm thinking of ordering a service manual, what's preferred? I'm sure I will have a million questions before this build is over.
Attachment:
h1b1.JPG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next