Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 1970 H1 finished
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:17 pm 

I have sitting on the other side of the wall from where I am now, a tank, tail section and side covers for one of the original H2's, is hand painted factory gold, with hand applied stripes and name, as a paint display set sent all over the world to the different country's main offices, to get either a yes or no for their sales. It is two things, hideous, and one of about five sets of body work that are the most rare H2 parts ever made, factory hand painted evaluation sets. The Design department were going to crush them, but, I managed to save them, and a few sets of early H1 body work. Back then, the default fix for anything they didn't want to keep, crush it.

Suzuki had a different way for a lot of the RE5 Rotary bikes (this was confirmed a long while ago by a former Suzuki Service Department employee), they literally took them out into the ocean on a ship, and dropped them into the deep water.

When I got the H2 that I made into my super hot rod street bike decades ago, the one that got stolen, it was a purple bike when I got it, and I didn't much like the purple. A friend of mine that was a parts manager for a dealer in Lakewood, Ca., gave me a complete set of factory production gold H2 stuff with very small flaws that was all new bike take off parts, and that set was on the bike when it got stolen. Today, all the colors are special to me, I like them all, but the purple H2, and gray H1 are not on the top of my lists.

Back in the day, that angled, drooping KAWASAKI would have gotten a new owner a brand new tank, might have taken 6 months to get one, but, a new tank, all the same. I think stuff like that makes the bikes with it on them, very, very unique. I'd keep it just the way it is.

GREAT work, sir, as usual.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:09 pm 

I've seen sloping decals on the H1s of pedantic English triples restorers, so it seems likely that some left the factory that way and were copied during restorations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:02 am 
Site Admin

With all the factory examples that have shown up over the years, it seems the QC paperwork on the decal location said as to specific locations,....... "make sure they are located on the body part"............................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 am 

Gorgeous :thumbup: