Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:31 am 

Hi guys,
My bike didn’t have the turn signals installed when I bought it. I don’t know where the flasher mounts. There is a metal tab at the front left of the battery box. And I also have one of those little rubber spare fuse holders (currently in my GT750 tool kit) if that belongs on the bike also?

No the bike doesn’t run yet. But on the plus side the Ralf clutch release arrived and what a difference that made! I can now pull in the clutch lever even with my crap hands.
I work on what I can when I can to have that much less to do later on. The bodywork is out at paint in the meantime so at least it will look nice.

Thanks
Mark

1980 Moto Guzzi SP1000
2019 Triumph T100

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:07 pm 

Mgmark wrote:
Hi guys,
My bike didn’t have the turn signals installed when I bought it. I don’t know where the flasher mounts. There is a metal tab at the front left of the battery box. And I also have one of those little rubber spare fuse holders (currently in my GT750 tool kit) if that belongs on the bike also?

No the bike doesn’t run yet. But on the plus side the Ralf clutch release arrived and what a difference that made! I can now pull in the clutch lever even with my crap hands.
I work on what I can when I can to have that much less to do later on. The bodywork is out at paint in the meantime so at least it will look nice.

Thanks
Mark

Signal relay mounts on the back side of the battery box on the left. Below the chain oiler tank. There should be a metal tab to mount the rubber holder on. That rubber fuse holder doesn't go with the 72 H2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:30 am 

Brian H. wrote:
Signal relay mounts on the back side of the battery box on the left. Below the chain oiler tank. There should be a metal tab to mount the rubber holder on. That rubber fuse holder doesn't go with the 72 H2

Ok thanks, I see that one now. What is this one on the front, just a guide for wiring or something else?

Mark

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1980 Moto Guzzi SP1000
2019 Triumph T100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:20 am 

Main fuse holder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:51 pm 

Mgmark wrote:
Brian H. wrote:

Ok thanks, I see that one now. What is this one on the front, just a guide for wiring or something else?

Mark

The on on the battery door is the fuse holder. the one on the front of the battery box is to hold the stator wires.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:42 pm 

Brian H. wrote:
The on on the battery door is the fuse holder. the one on the front of the battery box is to hold the stator wires.

I think I have a wrong battery box door. The fuse holder will in no way fit in that loop, and the battery vent doesn't line up with either loop.

Mark

1980 Moto Guzzi SP1000
2019 Triumph T100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:06 am 

The fuse holders get bent inwards, and the bracket on the front of my battery box ('72, box could be a '73) holds a rubber spare fuse holder...........