Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: The Bucket Bike...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:54 pm 

Been way too long! But not giving up on this build. Funny how the currents of life ebb and flow. Lost my mom three years ago, dad needed open heart, got past that, then prostate cancer, free and clear of that...cue the teenage years with two girls...man life's been so full, but along the way taught me alot about myself. Let's see...where was I...

Shortly after receiving my new shift forks, I had the jugs machined for a set of new Wossner forged pistons...them mom started having all of the complications that come with Parkinson's and I had to pause the bike for some hard times and life at its fullest.

I find myself drawn back to the bike and shifted my efforts to a rolling chassis. Been setting a small goals of "a little bit daily" no matter how small and making strides. So far I have the frame, swingarm, chaingaurd, footrests, kickstand and triple tree cleaned up.

I installed the tapered roller bearing kit from All Balls Racing.

My goal before priming and painting is to fully assemble the rolling chassis to make sure all of my parts are present, accounted for, as well as cleaned up. I feel comfortable with the path I'm on and have been making some really great progress. Pics to follow soon when I figure out a good image hosting site to pic from.

Good to be back on the horse.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by redcloud1 on Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:56 pm 

Life can throw difficulties at us sometimes. Good to see your able to keep it going.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:17 am 

I have one of these bucket bikes too, a 72 H2 but decided to build my spare as a resto-mod without doing a full blown restoration. I will save that for my basket case bike when I retire. I have had both bikes for over 30 years and am really close to getting it going. Its going to be a good year!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:32 pm 

Some more snaps of the cleanup process.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 8:58 pm 

A little bit more progress...been piecing the bike back together, kitting, grouping, and bagging fasteners together like I should have when I first started this bike. Starting to lay on some self etching primer. Too rainy, humid and cold to spray tonight. Also been starting to cleanup the wheels so I can at least have a rolling chassis when I'm done with paint.