Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 am 

RODH2 wrote:
Stev-o wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
Ummmm...T20 Hustler!!! (short story...?)

Yes! Just bought it last month, it's a runner but it's on the lift to straighten out some bad wiring the PO did. I had one just like it when I was a kid, was my first "real" bike. Did you have one?

No! I was about to buy one in '68 when along came the Metal-flake Gold and Chrome T500 Suzuki....... "The rest is History!" :lol: Loved the T20, there was a bike which fought well above its weight!! :thumbup:

You did well buying the T500, my buddy just bought one and I would like one too.
A nice one just sold on eBay for $900, I couldn't believe it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:47 pm 

Been busy with a CB750 engine rebuild, but that motor is back in the frame so I am back to the H2

[I hate doing multiple projects at the same time but somehow it always happens...A.D.D.?!!]

Got the coils cleaned up and installed. How did Mitsubishi get involved?

Battery box and wiring harness installed....

Broke the bolt on the rear brake cam lever, it was not even in all the way! Danny sent me one and I got the rear brake set up and working...

Got the rear tail installed as well as the rear cover and tailight....

Sent Don in FL my gauges, he does a phenomenal job!

Doesnt seem like much progress, seems like so much time is wasted searching, ordering and waiting for parts that are needed.

Basketcase bikes are a b!tch!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:54 pm 

Basket cases can be a chore but once you get it together, you'll at least know what you have. :thumbup:

71 Yammi RT1B
83 HD Sportster
03 Yammi R1
06 Kaw 750 Vulcan (wife’s bike)
12 Yammi vstar 250 (wife’s bike)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 pm 

usernameandpassword wrote:
Basket cases can be a chore but once you get it together, you'll at least know what you have. :thumbup:

Good point!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 pm 

Stev-o wrote:

They manufacture a lot of electrical components. Your CDI units are also made by them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm 

Jim wrote:
Stev-o wrote:

They manufacture a lot of electrical components. Your CDI units are also made by them.

Good to know. I just think "automotive" when I think of them.
I owned a 3000 GT VR4, way back when, what a fun car!
[twin turbo V6, 300hp all wheel drive]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm 

Time for an update.

I got my CB750 "Big Bang" bike back together after a catastrophic engine failure [3" hole in the case] so now I can concentrate on the H2.
Here's the '74 CB, now punched out to 836cc....

Back to the H2. Got the chain and the guard installed, it came to me powdercoated and looks good. Took special precaution on mounting that front sprocket after reading a warning thread.

Disassembled the front caliper, thoroughly cleaned and installed a new seal. It cleaned up rather nice no I left the original paint. Installed the hard pipe and lower hose, ordered a custom length upper hose from Slingshot.

Image[/url]H2 30

Installed the master cylinder, R control and throttle cable. I had Don restore the controls when he did the gauges, his work is impeccable!

Buttoned up the birds nest in the bucket and installed the headlight, here is how she currently sits....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:48 pm 

Update and a couple questions for you H2 experts:

Got the left side on the motor buttoned up...

Got the R footrest installed, but seems wrong, too far forward. Should it have a pin w/cotterpin? I have another and the pin is welded.

Got most of the wiring connected. Just received my Motobatt AGM battery [no acid spills!] and popped it in. Does the fuse holder stay in the battery box strap? What else goes on that strap on the right side?
I know ground from battery goes to frame, but where? [I dont have that cable].

http://3cyl.com/mraxl/wiring/H2Bwir.JPG

And what, if anything, goes in this little compartment directly behind the battery? Tool holder is in the tail, right?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 pm 

Mine has the battery overflow tube in that little bracket. I guess you can put whatever you like in it. :)

You can rotate the foot peg so it moves rearward if you like it better that way. I have mine up and to the rear. My '72 has the welded pivots, but I'm sure one of the experts can give you the whole story there.

The chain oiler tank went in the triangular recess. You can keep a sandwich in there if your trunk is full of tools or something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:03 pm 

Jim wrote:
Mine has the battery overflow tube in that little bracket. I guess you can put whatever you like in it. :)

You can rotate the foot peg so it moves rearward if you like it better that way. I have mine up and to the rear. My '72 has the welded pivots, but I'm sure one of the experts can give you the whole story there.

The chain oiler tank went in the triangular recess. You can keep a sandwich in there if your trunk is full of tools or something.

OK, no battery overflow, so that will stay empty.

My left footrest has a welded pivot, so those are '72? Will try to rotate the existing.

Seems the shape of the triangular recess is more receptive for a burrito, I will keep that in mind!

Thanks for the info and the laugh, Jim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next