Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 pm 

Stev-o wrote:
My left footrest has a welded pivot, so those are '72?

No idea... all I know is that my '72 has them. There are a lot of non-stock parts on my H2, hence the wait for an expert. There is some information on the resource site, but I don't see conclusive information about the pivot type. If they put my boots in the right position, I'm happy with them. :)

http://www.kawatriple.com/partid/footpegs/footpegs.htm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 pm 

Jim wrote:
Stev-o wrote:
My left footrest has a welded pivot, so those are '72?

No idea... all I know is that my '72 has them. There are a lot of non-stock parts on my H2, hence the wait for an expert. There is some information on the resource site, but I don't see conclusive information about the pivot type. If they put my boots in the right position, I'm happy with them. :)

http://www.kawatriple.com/partid/footpegs/footpegs.htm

Yeah, I hear ya, same here. I dont really care if the pegs are wrong, RB can pick it apart if he ever sees it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:16 pm 

I suspect he wouldn't pick mine apart, more like glance at it and keep walking. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 pm 

Update:

Here are the carbs that came with the bike, pretty grungy looking.

I disassembled them and sent them to RestoCycle [Nils] for vapor blasting. The results are fantastic! If you are not having your parts "vaped", you are missing out! Here is how they are now....

One of the pilot jets was blocked so I bought all new jets, genuine Mikuni of course, and NOS check valves for the float bowls. I also ordered new plungers and am awaiting on those to get the carbs back together.

Heres the oil pump, luckily all the oil lines are usable as these can be difficult [and expensive] to replace...

...and now installed with new banjo bolt washers....

Bought a Delkevic exhaust a few months ago, birthday present to myself! Very well packed and chrome quality appears to be excellent...

Came with no instructions and none on their website for the H2, a call to them answered my question on the mounting bracket for the R side. Fairly easy to install and the fit is perfect. Not cheap but if you want stock appearance no other options that I know of other than used forty year old damaged pipes.
They are long.........

Ok, a question for you H2 experts: I have three of these clamps leftover from the exhaust install and dont know where they go! An email to Delkavic has gone unanswered.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am 

Nice!!! Those clamps go ahead of the other "sleeve" clamp to stop the muffler from slipping up the header pipe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Jim wrote:
I suspect he wouldn't pick mine apart, more like glance at it and keep walking. :lol:

Just like we do with stock triples...... ;) :P

Last edited by Ja-Moo on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:45 am 

Zambia wrote:
Nice!!! Those clamps go ahead of the other "sleeve" clamp to stop the muffler from slipping up the header pipe.

Thx for the info. I really dont see the need, though. Both header and muffler are securely fastened, I will run it as is until I see an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 am 

Stev-o wrote:
Zambia wrote:

Thx for the info. I really dont see the need, though. Both header and muffler are securely fastened, I will run it as is until I see an issue.

you're right, never saw the need, except to keep the stock appearance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:47 pm 

Hi guys...question for the experts:

I've attempted start up on my H2, and held the oil pump full open per Moo's start up video [thx for that]

Before installation, confirmed oil pump was working, but after approx 10 min, the oil lines still have air bubbles, is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks

[did a search on this, and posted same question on that thread]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 pm 

Air bubbles are okay. As long as oil is going through the pipes and getting to the cylinders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next