Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 pm 

Hawaii-Mike wrote:
Air bubbles are okay. As long as oil is going through the pipes and getting to the cylinders.

Thanks Mike, all is good now after a little more run time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:00 am 

Stev-o wrote:
Update:

Bought a Delkevic exhaust a few months ago, birthday present to myself! Very well packed and chrome quality appears to be excellent...

Came with no instructions and none on their website for the H2, a call to them answered my question on the mounting bracket for the R side. Fairly easy to install and the fit is perfect. Not cheap but if you want stock appearance no other options that I know of other than used forty year old damaged pipes.
They are long.........

Do you like the sound of the H2B/C Delkevics? Reason I ask is I'm also considering a set but I saw some comments on a Suzuki 2-stroke forum where a member bought a set for a GT750 and was disappointed in the sound. He also reported that he compared the weight of his Delkevics with the originals and found them each weighing 2 pounds less. Further comments were that he suspected the weight difference suggests something might be lacking or incomplete about the Delkevic baffling causing the different exhaust note which was also louder he said. I'm hoping this is not the case with their Kawasaki system.

Regards, Rusty

3 H2's, all stock
Seats by Tony O'Connor, they're gorgeous
H2B, converted to H2C
75 Paint & Decals by Brian H
75 Euro Seat by Tony O'Connor
Eldorado Motorcycle Seats, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:30 pm 

Original 2 stroke exhausts might have 2 pounds of carbon build up inside maybe, and would be quieter because of that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:36 am 

I have an NOS LS pipe (18001-143) I can weigh to check that if anyone wants to post the weight of of a Delkevic.

3 H2's, all stock
Seats by Tony O'Connor, they're gorgeous
H2B, converted to H2C
75 Paint & Decals by Brian H
75 Euro Seat by Tony O'Connor
Eldorado Motorcycle Seats, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm 

rusty34 wrote:

Do you like the sound of the H2B/C Delkevics? Reason I ask is I'm also considering a set but I saw some comments on a Suzuki 2-stroke forum where a member bought a set for a GT750 and was disappointed in the sound. He also reported that he compared the weight of his Delkevics with the originals and found them each weighing 2 pounds less. Further comments were that he suspected the weight difference suggests something might be lacking or incomplete about the Delkevic baffling causing the different exhaust note which was also louder he said. I'm hoping this is not the case with their Kawasaki system.

Regards, Rusty

Delkevics for GT750 Suzukis are manufactured without the sound-deadening packing in the header pipes that the OEM pipes had.
Subsequently they sound a bit 'tinny' - more like spannies than the deeper, burblier sound the stockers had...

It's possible the Delkevics for H2s are the same (if indeed the stock H2 pipes had packing) - I'll let you know when I get mine on the road!

'76 RE5A
'80 GS1000ST
'82 GSX1100SZ
'82 GSX1100SXZ
'86 RG500G
'09 DR650SE
'10 GSX1300R

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:43 am 
Site Admin

The triple just had a metal headpipe, no packing there. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:50 pm 

rusty34 wrote:
Stev-o wrote:
Update:

Bought a Delkevic exhaust a few months ago, birthday present to myself! Very well packed and chrome quality appears to be excellent...

Came with no instructions and none on their website for the H2, a call to them answered my question on the mounting bracket for the R side. Fairly easy to install and the fit is perfect. Not cheap but if you want stock appearance no other options that I know of other than used forty year old damaged pipes.
They are long.........

Regards, Rusty

I've only run the motor in very limited tests as I am still having oil pump issues [oil lines going to cases do not show a solid stream of oil in the lines]

From what I've heard so far, I do like the sound of them, not "tinny" at all.
I'm more of a "stock" guy, so even though the basket case came with expansion chambers, I wanted stock exhaust.

Link to video...

https://flic.kr/p/YyDx6y

Last edited by Stev-o on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:26 pm 

Another....

https://flic.kr/p/XW8gsZ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:26 am 

What did you do to get your cylinders and heads to look so good?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:51 pm 

Hollister56 wrote:
What did you do to get your cylinders and heads to look so good?

They were sent along with the cases to RestoCycle for vapor blasting.
Highly recommended, Nils will take care of you.

https://www.restocycle.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next