Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:54 pm 

Stev-o wrote:
Thinking ahead years ago, I did have a tool kit in the tail and pulled the left cover and somehow noticed the battery terminal bolt was loose. Tightened that up, had a neutral light now, kicked it over and started right up. Has that ever happened to you?

No, because an H2 will start and run fine with the battery cable disconnected or with a dead battery or no battery. Something else caused it to stall.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:46 pm 

Jim wrote:
Stev-o wrote:
Thinking ahead years ago, I did have a tool kit in the tail and pulled the left cover and somehow noticed the battery terminal bolt was loose. Tightened that up, had a neutral light now, kicked it over and started right up. Has that ever happened to you?

No, because an H2 will start and run fine with the battery cable disconnected or with a dead battery or no battery. Something else caused it to stall.

Hi Jim....yeah, I was thinking that. I did handle some of the wiring before finding the loose battery connection so maybe that was the culprit. I plan to charge the battery and check all wiring before my next ride, I really dont want to get stranded in 95 degree heat! Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:01 pm 

If you can, put an ohm meter on the white and green wires from the 3-pin alternator connector if it stalls again. That's the low speed magneto winding, and it should have a resistance of about 200 ohms. Sometimes they get heat-sensitive and quit when they're hot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9