Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:55 am 
Site Admin

can you put up a pic of the complete intake port, if the cylinders are off? :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Jim wrote:
4 Dog knight wrote:
It came on hard and buried the 12k mechanical drive tach.

Don't put too much faith in the accuracy of the original Kaw tachs. :)

I knew there was inaccuracies, and I found out on a rebuilt tach when I had some dyno runs done. The tach read 11,000 rpm, the actual RPM was around 9,500......... :wtf:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:13 pm 

I have a set of GEM reeds on an old S1 engine out in the shop I have had for decades. I removed the dual stage reeds, and replaced them with single stage steel ones, with stops, worked a LOT better. I think I remember that the reed petals were the same as an RD reed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:28 pm 

Jim wrote:
4 Dog knight wrote:
All I'm doing is clicking on the pic in PhotoBucket and then copying the address bar and pasting it into the "filename" bar below. What am I doing wrong?

Copy Photobucket direct link, hit "Img" when replying and post the link between the two Img's

Fixed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:30 pm 

No need to post the photo, Steve. I was playing around and forgot I posted that URL. It's just a photo from the 1st page of the thread. (And now on the next post below this one too.)

Last edited by Jim on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:36 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:44 am 

That is absolutely awesome you got YOUR bike back. And still titled in your name! Great story.
Good looking puppy too :)

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 am 

Triple Cranks,
That "puppy" will look a lot better after I get it all cleaned up and back together. In the photo above, all I'd done was hose it off, so it's still pretty grungy around the edges. It won't look as nice as some of the incredible work folks on this site have done, but I kind of like that 40+ yr. old "patina". The guy that did the original paint is still kickin', so maybe I could get him to patch up some of the missing Gold leaf? Who knows.

Looks is nice, riding is better! Getting to look at something you did after 40 yrs AND still ride it...will be a bonus!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:10 pm 

Lol! I was referencing the Shepard in the background :lol:

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 am 

LOL! :lol: He's my last pooch left over from my Dog Sledding team. He's part Shepherd and Siberian, but he pulls like a HORSE. Had him since he was a Pup and he learned from the sibes how to pull and run, but I can let him loose and he won't run like a Sibe will. He's now transitioned to Ski-Joring...when we have enough snow! He keeps me more fit, as I take him on daily jaunts by ski's or bicycle.

Triple content: Anybody know IF S3 and H1 forks are the same? I'd like to add a second disc to my S3 and H1's seem to have the brake bosses on both fork legs. Anybody done that conversion? I'd need a dual disc splitter and another disc and caliper, + obvious lines, etc. Worthwhile endeavor?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next