Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: 1972 H1-B
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:25 pm 

I've been in touch with Charlie, tried the sanding with no results, the wrist pin and bearing work fine in the other 2 rods, pulling the crank back out and sending back to him. It's a sad day in my world.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm 

Disassembled the motor, crank is headed back to Charlie.
Attachment:
crankr&r.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:46 pm 

Yes, I imagine it is a sad day. I'll be very interested in what the problem is. I'm sure you will too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:45 pm 

Jim wrote:
Yes, I imagine it is. I'll be very interested in what the problem is. I'm sure you will too.

For sure!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:47 pm 

My crank is on the way back to me, it's still a head scratcher, Charlie said out of 700+ cranks he's rebuilt, he had never seen this. I sent the bearing and wrist pin with the crank, he was able to clean it up but never found any sign of damage to the rod after putting it under the scope. He ask where I got my needle bearings, I told him from a reputable vendor, he said he likes the original bearings but is sending me a set of new bearings that he uses. If you look at the original bearings vs. the bearings on the market, you will notice the needles are longer on the originals, covering more surface area in the rod. Here's a pic of the original vs. the new ones I bought, original on the left, I should be headed in the right direction in a couple days, big thumbs up to Charlie for going above and beyond on the quick turn around.
Attachment:
nb.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:21 pm 

Finally got headed back in the right direction, have a friend dropping by tomorrow to help me sit it in the frame, thanks for all the help so far.
Attachment:
h1 engine.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:01 pm 

Feeling a lot better now. :D
Attachment:
h1b2.JPG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:24 pm 

A little more progress today, got the rotor and stator mounted, cleaned the points, carbs are in sync now, never ordered any head pipes, they cleaned up better than I expected.
Attachment:
H1 progress.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:38 pm 

Double check the top end bearing size, that bearing looks small. Or the pin is too big. Oops, I'm a bit late.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11