Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 pm 

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/4385996845.html

Ha! Got your attention!!! Actually a pair of project 67 yamaha 180cc twins in the SF Bay Area, 1 high-pipe, 1 low pipe. I kind of like these myself, but fortunately for me I already have a Suzuki GT185 twin that rounds out my two-stroke range. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 pm 

When I was young I drank at a bar in Brisbane - for the life me I can't remember the name. DeMarco 23 club sounds familiar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:08 am 

http://www.brisbane23club.com/

Built by John DeMarco in 1941, 23 Club is a personification of the history of Brisbane and the house itself has been a touchstone of Western American musical culture.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:11 am 

Ha, dirty ! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:19 am 

kawi3cyl wrote:
http://www.brisbane23club.com/

Built by John DeMarco in 1941, 23 Club is a personification of the history of Brisbane and the house itself has been a touchstone of Western American musical culture.

Yep that's the place! Not that there's much in Brisbane anyway. Back in my day population was about 100 (lololol). Used to ride our dirtbikes over San Bruno mountain from the SSF side. Up past the radio towers up top and there was a trail into Brisbane.

Just google earthed it - wow its changed - look at all the houses and such!

Anyone reading this might remember the last chase scene in Bullitt where Steve McQueen chases the Charger - and the charger crashes at the end. That was on Guadalupe Parkway pictured here.

Last edited by BarryB on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:24 am 

Barry, I have had lunch at the 23 several times. And lived in Visitation Valley just north of Brisbane when they made Bullit, rode our bikes up there when they were shooting the scene with the charger. The gas station the charger slams into didn't really exist, built for the movie.

Ah the good ole days...