Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Iron wrote:
Sorry Tim but you need to figure out how to fill the hole.

Corncob? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:56 pm 

Indeed.
That opens up a plethora of possiblities :eh:

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:06 pm 

It's a girlie bike silly, you have to use a tampon! :roll: :D

I didn't use the Economy bucket. I bought the h4 upgrade which fits in the OEM chrome ring. I removed all the brackets from the OEM sealed beam and installed them onto the H4 housing.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5431&start=60

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 pm 

I will eventually figure out a way. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:31 am 

Tim Steele wrote:
I will order some LED instrument bulbs if any body has the LED bulb numbers and or links I would appreciate it. I have lost the info I had for the ones I put in the Phoenix Project. LED tail light bulbs are available at my local Auto Zone, so I will snag one there. The charging system appers to be OK on mine so far... 12.9 and 12.6 volts respectively low and hi beam @ at 5500. Tonight I am contemplating which Manly Triple to take to work... the Phoenix Project or the Blue Beast S2A :?: :?: :?:

The resource site has the LED bulb info.
I'm not sure I completely agree with the angle of illumination but it probably will make little or no difference in our application.

The LED stop/taillight bulb I bought at Autozone was horrible.
Those cheap Chinese bulbs are not like the good ones available at http://www.superbrightleds.com/
Plus one on same color LED for same color lens.

I've had an H4 bulb in my H2 headlight for years and have had no problems. Do the little bikes have a different charging system?
Don't want to hurt a coil.
For that matter, is an H4 bulb still the econo hot ticket?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:36 pm 

cut a new hole, use stock headlight grommet. reroute. easy. dremel time.

second, an RD can run a halogen just fine with a stock system, its not nec to run an led. 1 reason being is it screws up the taillight indicator on the dash if its still there. for those really concerned, you can get a 35 watt halogen that slips right in, the fzr's used to use them. beam seriously didnt look any different.

7" headlight IMHO looks crap on an rd, way too big. Like apretty girl with a huge beak hanging off her facehole. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:24 pm 

m in sc wrote:
cut a new hole, use stock headlight grommet. reroute. easy. dremel time.

second, an RD can run a halogen just fine with a stock system, its not nec to run an led. 1 reason being is it screws up the taillight indicator on the dash if its still there. for those really concerned, you can get a 35 watt halogen that slips right in, the fzr's used to use them. beam seriously didnt look any different.

7" headlight IMHO looks crap on an rd, way too big. Like apretty girl with a huge beak hanging off her facehole. :lol:

My Daytona will run the battery down on hi-beam with the 55/60 halogen. I think the difference is the Daytona has two tail lamps verses one in the RD350. The RD alternator is maxed out in stock version and any increase in load needs to be offset by a decrease somewhere else, ie LED's in the tail and lamp.
Check continunity thru the brushes and rotor to be sure the field connections and brushes are good. Pull all the connectors apart, spray with a good electro cleaner and apply a good galvanic grease to the connectors as you put them back together. You may find some of the connectors fall apart when you do this. That would indicate the connectors need to be replaced by the way :) After you go thru the electrical connectors reducing the voltage drops across the bad connectors you may will find the engine is stronger due to the increase of voltage availiabe to the coils. Adding more electrical load will tax the old connectors more so you need to be sure the connectors are 100%. I know Mark says the RD will run the 55/60 watt lamp but I have solved two owners electrical issues on their RD's by replacing 55/60 H4 lamps with 35/35's. If you have a good strong and healthy RD electrical system you may be ok but anything less than a 100% electrical system and you will have low voltage issues especially when you are running hi-beam.
Using a Led tail lamp in the RD350 will cause the brake light indicator to flash all the time due to the lower current draw of the led. The module is monitoring current draw and the lower current draw of the led tail lamp makes the module flash the indicator lamp. You can just unplug the tail lamp monitor module and disable that feature or unplug the indicator lamp inside the meter. For me I like running the led tail lamp to reduce the electrical load and disable the indicator lamp.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:22 am 

Thanks Mark and John for the advice dremel will be at the ready tomorrow or Saturday. So far no electrical issues have surfaced. I ran it for an hour on the interstate and 10 minutes or so in town and all seems to be well thus far. I am gonna run it as is for now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:36 pm 

m in sc wrote:

What is that nuclear fusion device that Nathan (retaRD) has on his toilet RD? :o I accidentally looked into it once at the Gap and had to stare at the sun for a while to rest my eyes! :crazy:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:13 pm 

I'm going with the MZB system on my 76 RD400 :) I too tripled to deal with points lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next