Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am 

Jake Jackson AKA MX Tanker on 2 Stroke World Board came over and spent most of the day with me yesterday.We found some things that needed attention on his beautful 75 RD 350 Cafe Racer.
He only had one exhaust baffle so we ripped one out of my 74 RD that is getting chambers when it is built. We burnt off both baffles with the torch and put them in. Then we had to change a throttle cable out as one of his was frayed and made the RH carb hang up. Jake got real proficent at pulling carbs and reinstalling them as it was so lean when he arrived that it would barely pull itself and would not rev to redline with 140 main jets and 25 pilots with stock motor, stock pipes, banshee intakes with crossover and unis. The plugs were gray... We ended up with Hasse recommended (Many thanks YO) 240 mains 32.5 pilots needles 1 rich and airscrews at 1 turn. John Aylor added some sage wisdom as well... He likes them girly bikes.... :e11 :e11 :e11 :e11 Power wheelies at will in 1st gear abounded and absolutely linear acceleration after we got it some fuel and got the timing right. We adjusted the chain as well and set the timing. Plugs are coffee and creme and we didnt go to jail from the 20 + jetting runs we did plus a spirited run through the valley after it was all said and done. I saw 100 indicated and still pulling hard on the last jetting run 8-) 8-) 8-). Quite a nice and productive day in the shop and made a new friend. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jake is running premix and is shopping on ebay for an aluminum catch tank we can fab up for an oil tank and then he will be needing an oil pump...

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 am 

Good looking girly bike mine still looks stock. Looks like a blast to ride ! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:11 pm 

:wave: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:37 pm 

Just think what it would do with chambers! But then you would have all that rejetting to do :thumbup: