Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: My TZR250 Yamaha
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:47 pm 

H2RTuner wrote:
and they weren't slow at all, not by a long shot.

Dave, you're not kidding - Jim's bike was rippin' up to the 12K redline - I was on the S3 doing 90+ and he blew right by me by 20+. He keeps inviting me to get on it and next time I see him I am going to take him up on the offer. One thing that surprised me is how quiet the bike sounds, especially with the fat pipes and small silencers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:51 pm 

Liquid coolong does cut the cylinder noise down quite a bit over air cooled..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:57 am 

If'n you feel like parting with any of that TZ stuff Mr Tuner...give me first dibs please!! I can just imagine how a finely tuned TZ350 would would run :thumbup: YIKES!!

What year & model TZR do your have Tuner? You have TZ pipes or Hans Hummel pipes for it too? I see TZ and SUGO kit pipes for sale occasionally on YahooJapan. About the best place for me to shop for bits for that bike and my NSR250.

A local friend is selling his mint reverse cyinder 3MA. Don't know what year exactly but it's the last year 3MA with the USD forks like my 3XV has. Sweet bike!

I've got a new "SP" crankshaft for mine already. The plan is to eventually pull the motor and get the standard "R" cyliners ported to "SP" or near "SP" spec, install the new crank, probably let Mark go thru the tranny, then run it with RC SUGO race CDI that I aready have. Besides the better ignition curve and PV controls, the SUGO box does not read the restrictive signals from the speedo and such, so full on power then. Damn Jap goverment resticted all the road going 250's to 40 or 45 HP back then.

Ya Jimbo, give her a spin and you'll come back with a smile on your face! Once you get her up in the power band...she makes a bit more noise. Remember too these are cheap eBay silencers. I'm gonna order me some TZMike cans, or some TYGA cans here real soon as soon as I decide which ones I like and will work on those Jackal pipes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:56 am 

jcsnook wrote:
If'n you feel like parting with any of that TZ stuff Mr Tuner...give me first dibs please!! I can just imagine how a finely tuned TZ350 would would run :thumbup: YIKES!!

What year & model TZR do your have Tuner? You have TZ pipes or Hans Hummel pipes for it too? I see TZ and SUGO kit pipes for sale occasionally on YahooJapan. About the best place for me to shop for bits for that bike and my NSR250.

Hey js how do the nsr compare to the tzr??.
just wondering an all
cheers mark

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:40 pm 

One plus of the NSR is it is much easier and cheaper to de-restrict than the TZR. A wire splice is all that is required to cheap the CDI. They both ride very similar tho, however I think the Yamaha has superior brakes and suspension. I also like the looks of the Yamaha better, but that is a personal preference.

I need to replace the expensive dry clutch setup on the Honda to, so I'm sure to see some marked performace improvement there. My Yamaha is suppose to have a dry clutch but as I said, it's a bit of a Frankenstien monster.